Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

wat are the chances of that?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so here's a question for you all...
u see someone somewhere, say an airport and they get on your plane when you're coming home.
what would you say the chance is of ever randomly seein them again?

Comments

• Options
    Very slim but you never know, look how many people you walk into everyday.

Why, did you see someone you feel in love with and don't have a clue who they are?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Very slim but you never know, look how many people you walk into everyday.

Why, did you see someone you feel in love with and don't have a clue who they are?

there was a lad in the check in queue next to me, and he sat near me in the terminal and kept lookin at me. had the seat number next to me, got on and off the pane behind me and stood next to me to collect r bags and we kept lookin at each other....and i never bloody spoke to him!

and now i feel i shud have! dammit!
  • Options
    When I got to Uni I met a bloke there I'd befriended on summer holiday when we were 11, weird thing was he lived about five miles away from me at home and we never saw each other around (or indeed stayed in contact). But then we went to the other side of the country, and recognised each other in the Student Union. Was a bit mad, but I suppose there are only so many Unis you can go to etc...so it has to happen to some people.

So weird coincidences do happen, but obviously not all the time :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by briggi
    When I got to Uni I met a bloke there I'd befriended on summer holiday when we were 11, weird thing was he lived about five miles away from me at home and we never saw each other around (or indeed stayed in contact). But then we went to the other side of the country, and recognised each other in the Student Union. Was a bit mad, but I suppose there are only so many Unis you can go to etc...so it has to happen to some people.

So weird coincidences do happen, but obviously not all the time :)

thats really cool! so there is hope for me yet lol!
  • Options
    Ah well, if it's meant to be you'll run into him sometime.
  • Options
    Like I said Chelle, try be thankful that he clearly thought you were worth looking at. :D
  • Options
    Ah well, if it's meant to be you'll run into him sometime.

fingers crossed!

ive been kickin myself all week since i got home...why didnt i just bloody say hi!
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    thats really cool! so there is hope for me yet lol!

Course there's hope...just don't hang about waiting for him to reappear. If he does it'll be where you least expect it (like when you're making a tit out of yourself singing Lionel Richie on karaoke, as in my case). You never know though, stranger things have happened :)
  • Options
    Because you didn't have enough confidence to just go up and talk to him, I know i probably would have been in the same boat as you, i would have been afraid to go up and talk to some random girl at the airport. But why is this?
  • Options
    It's always good in hindsight. :)
  • Options
    Because you didn't have enough confidence to just go up and talk to him, I know i probably would have been in the same boat as you, i would have been afraid to go up and talk to some random girl at the airport. But why is this?

i suppose its incase they ignore u or something. i know thats why i didnt talk to him.
    there was a massive airport and he cudnt have sat anywhere but he sat about 5 seats down from me. and we were delayed so we sat there for ages....i cannot believe i didnt say hi!
  • Options
    Too late now fretting over it. You might walk into him someday.
  • Options
    My bloke went to Egypt and bumped into someone he knew. :/ When we went away to Wales we went in this pub in a little out-of-the-way- place and he knew the landlord! :/
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    My bloke went to Egypt and bumped into someone he knew. :/ When we went away to Wales we went in this pub in a little out-of-the-way- place and he knew the landlord! :/

its such a small world though isnt it!
    a lad i was seein...his step nan lived 3 houses up the road from me and his mum was mates with my aunty and i didnt know!
    and another...my mum works in the house next door to him!
  • Options
    It really is such a small world when wierd things like that happen. I hope to walk into some of the fine european women i seen sometime. Unlikely though.
  • Options
    lol this reminds me of the time I was in Nepal, and was at this random airstrip in the middle of the jungle - it had a grass runway, and the only plane that goes in and out of it is owned by Yeti Airlines. Its that random. But anyway I was sitting in the terminal building (i.e. a shed) waiting for my plane, when my bloody history teacher turns up walking down the runway!
  • Options
    lol, I'd have liked to have seen both you and your teachers face, bloody Nepal like.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I saw a guy from my local in Scarborough the other day. That was random.
  • Options
    A girl I met about 5 years ago in Leeds now works at the coffee bar at my local train station
  • Options
    Also the yesterday I texted a girl from my old job who I hadn't contacted since I left about a month ago, and we agreed to catch up at some point. Then this morning I bumped into her in the city centre as I was buying some oranges... its a small world.
  • Options
    You know the flight number and seat number of he was on. Why not ask the airline if they have contact details and if so could they forward your details on to him.

Or you could just get on with your life, learn from your mistake and next time do something about it at the time. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    You know the flight number and seat number of he was on. Why not ask the airline if they have contact details and if so could they forward your details on to him.

Or you could just get on with your life, learn from your mistake and next time do something about it at the time. :)

im sure they're not allowed to do that!

im not sitting dwelling on it or anything, just wish i had spoken to him...and yep, i shall know for next time :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    im sure they're not allowed to do that!

You misunderstood. You wouldn't be getting his details. Just asking them to forward your details to him for you. Say you met him on the plane, exchanged details and have since lost them. You never know.

You'll probably freak him out though thinking he has his own stalker. Or he might be flattered. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    You misunderstood. You wouldn't be getting his details. Just asking them to forward your details to him for you. Say you met him on the plane, exchanged details and have since lost them. You never know.

You'll probably freak him out though thinking he has his own stalker. Or he might be flattered. :)

oops yeah i read it wrong...:blush:

i think i'd scare him if i did that!

u never know though, i could bump into him while out shopping one day or anything :)
  • Options
    I actually met my current boyfriend on the plane back from Australia... But we did swap numbers, so I'm not sure about the probability of randomly seeing someone again :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by SkippyRoo
    I actually met my current boyfriend on the plane back from Australia... But we did swap numbers, so I'm not sure about the probability of randomly seeing someone again :confused:

ah dont say things like that! lol you make me wish even more that i'd talked to him!
  • Options
    Sorry! Who knows, you might see him! :yes: