Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Industry Standard Mixer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So everybody knows the Technic 1210's are the industry standard and are used in just about every club you'll ever come across, but is there an 'industry standard' mixer that the majority of places use or does it vary from club to club?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Standards from my experience in clubs/gigs in UK/NZ:

Turntables : Technics 1200s/1210s (etc.)

CDJs : Pioneer 1000s / 1000mk2s

Mixers : Pioneer DJM500 / DJM600
  • Options
    Pretty much whats been said above.

But unlike decks and CDJs, mixers are the biggest variable. Though the Pioneer is probably the most common.
  • Options
    Can't go wrong with a Denon DN-X1500 tbh. In my opinion Vestax are becoming the new Technics.
  • Options
    generally it's a djm 600, although mroe clubs (i.e. the bigger ones) are starting to get or have an allen and heath xone mixer.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Maladjusted
    although more clubs (i.e. the bigger ones) are starting to get or have an allen and heath xone mixer.
    I assume you mean the Xone92 series?

http://www.allen-heath.com/xone92.asp

Just curious to know which clubs and events in the UK you've seen them at?
  • Options
    that is indeed what i meant but i had just got back fomr work at that point and brain wasn't working. not sure what clubs specifically, just that someone asked same uestion on diff messagebaord i go to.

i don't pay much attention myself but couple of my mates dj so they obviously know! will get back to you on this.