Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Looking for the beauty in everything

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, just been a bit hippyish recently and really into nature :p and seeing the countryside and things, and I've noticed that some things can be ugly or pretty depending how you see them. Like cows are cool and a herd of them is a sight worth a painting, but when up close they are smelly, have flies buzzing round them and often have a distinct smell of shite (which, if you smell it enough in the fields, can actually be quite refreshing, but i shant go into my poo fetishes here).

ANYWAY my point of today is I've just been looking at my desk, and at my monitor, my ergonomically/aesthetically designed camera and stuff and realised that these things don't even compare to nature. So come on, how come some random turn of events results in the prettiest things imaginable and all the top teams of designers can only spur out this merchandise which is nice to look at to begin with but just isn't the same!

Comments

• Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)
  • Options
    Re: Looking for the beauty in everything
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Like cows are cool and a herd of them is a sight worth a painting, but when up close they are smelly, have flies buzzing round them and often have a distinct smell of shite

yeah, its weird, but ive never thought of them in that way..but now you mention it - good point :yes: i suppose its all in your mood when you look at different things :confused:
    SBG
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Pick your answer. :p
    A (theological): Nature was created by God, and no human architect or designer can be better than him/her.
    B (psychological): Deep inside we're all still monkeys. We were meant to live in nature so subconciously we still think it's beautiful.
    C (romantic): Cows and grass are living. No inanimate object can compare in beauty to living, breathing creatures.
    D (materialistic): You can make much more money by selling milk from the cows than by selling all items on your desk. How can you not love that???

(OK, D was less serious than the rest)
  • Options
    I prefer nature. I used to live in a vollage called Bwlchgwyn, which is right next to a forest with a river, and I now live right next to Erddig, a huge, wonderful piece of countryside in which my faceparty/gaydar pictures are taken. Nothing compares to the beauty of nature.
  • Options
    Hey, just been a bit hippyish recently and really into nature :p and seeing the countryside and things, and I've noticed that some things can be ugly or pretty depending how you see them. Like cows are cool and a herd of them is a sight worth a painting, but when up close they are smelly, have flies buzzing round them and often have a distinct smell of shite (which, if you smell it enough in the fields, can actually be quite refreshing,
    when you live close to the land and its bounty ...the smells become ever more distinct ...from fine perfumes to pretty grim slurry ...the sounds are different from the city ...machinery and wildlife ...alcohol and the wind ...cockerels and R.A.F fighter bombers.
    everything is so different when you live out here as opposed to near it or as a visitor.
    everytime i go back to my roots ...a big noisy dirty fast city ...within about 20 miles i can taste the air ...the diesel/petrol taste. my nose is assaulted by all kinds of criminal attempts ...
    i'm back in my tree again now though so ...'ahhh ...that be goats i smell over yonder hill ...lets go the other way'!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    There is no beauty but that of the one you love
    Are you saying that ShyBoy is in love with the cows??
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    Are you saying that ShyBoy is in love with the cows??
    i've been smitten by a couple of cows in my time!
  • Options
    On my way out to eat, one of my friends noticed this cat on the street that had gotten ran over....it was white, how could you not miss it?!?!?! :(

well, I guess I can't any beauty in that except the cat was cute, minus the blood and such :yuck: :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    well yanno tis sshyboy afteralls

:D but I wouldn't want to steal the title of cow-lover from mist...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    On my way out to eat, one of my friends noticed this cat on the street that had gotten ran over....it was white, how could you not miss it?!?!?! :(

well, I guess I can't any beauty in that except the cat was cute, minus the blood and such :yuck: :(

Yesterday I fell in love. My girlfriends cat, heidi, who I'd only just met, is soo beautiful. She has gorgeous white hair, and lovely blue eyes! If you were looking at the bad side then she does smell awful, probably some mix of urine, menstrual blood and dog poo and she looks scruffy, and her face was covered in saws, but I saw past that. And I think she's the most beautiful dog I've ever seen.

Unfortunately when I asked my girlfriend if I could take her for a walk, I discovered she wouldn't survive a walk because she has arthritis, so yanno. But still, I'm going to go visit her soon :) hopefully!
  • Options
    Hey, just been a bit hippyish recently and really into nature :p and seeing the countryside and things, and I've noticed that some things can be ugly or pretty depending how you see them. Like cows are cool and a herd of them is a sight worth a painting, but when up close they are smelly, have flies buzzing round them and often have a distinct smell of shite (which, if you smell it enough in the fields, can actually be quite refreshing, but i shant go into my poo fetishes here).

Heyhey! Another nature bum like meself? ;)

I worship creation and inspiration, so I'll agree. Everything is beautiful... apart from my boss.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Looking for the beauty in everything
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Heyhey! Another nature bum like meself? ;)

I worship creation and inspiration, so I'll agree. Everything is beautiful... apart from my boss.

GANDI :lol:
  • Options
    smells faintly of ...

spirituality this thread.

always welcome in this shiny city we have built from shiny things we have made to fill our shiny lives ...which dulls our shiny hearts.