Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mon C.V

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all. I'm thinking of applying to do level 1 tutoring in English Language at uni, cos I'm going back and all that jazz. I know it's in the wrong forum, but I need some speedy feedback, and I would really appreciate it if people could comment on it, bearing in mind it's going to be be read by uni professors etc. Thanking all you good people in advance :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wow... that's pretty impressive.
    Makes my CV look pathetic :(
    Cheers... hehe
    you have to make it stand out a bit more, i think.

got a degree? so what? 50% of the workforce have too.

got a little work experience? so what? so does everyone else.

what are the individual things that you can offer than no one else can. why should they pick you over everyone else who's applied? when someone is reading your CV, they should think 'OMG, we NEED this person'. at the moment you're just listing what you've done. maybe include skills you've developed, career ambitions, future study plans? make youself sound fantabulous.

don't lie, just jazz yourself up a bit.
    The layout itself can make a big difference,
    I know its only in notepad form there, but things like spacing pagebreaks and bold fonts can really glam up a CV without any content.

On the content side, add more hobbies and interests.
    Such as what activities you did at scholl college or what the role on the class rep entailed.
    Also try throw in one or two things relevant to the course you want to study (or ths could be done on the covernote).
    Note too bad though all in all
    Kaffrin's right, you need to sell yourself. At the moment it's just a list of what you've done. Sure, it might be impressive but you need to state why you'd be a good asset to their team.

I'm doing my C.V at the moment. :(
    Some links that might help you:

Improving your CV
    Writing the perfect CV

:)
    It's also important to put in skills you've gained/learned/improved through the things you've done - i.e the cadet thing shows you have leadership skills, the camp for kids shows you have interpersonal skills, communication abilities..... spell it out for them - they have a lot of these to read. Good luck!