Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

ipod question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
with an ipod, can u transfer music from a radio or cd player etc to it, or does it have to be from a computor?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think so, but I might be wrong. I suppose you could record music by putting a mic on it but it wouldn't be the same. :chin:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Re: ipod question
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    with an ipod, can u transfer music from a radio or cd player etc to it, or does it have to be from a computor?

You can put CD's onto your iPod via you computer but not via a CD player. Any music put on your iPod has to go through iTunes on your computer.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I always wondered if i could do that with my mini disc :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Foxxy_Cymru
    I always wondered if i could do that with my mini disc :confused:

with mine, i got a cable with it which mean i can plug it into sterios or my computor or cd player and record anything i want
  • Options
    Ipod - The Burberry for the techo freaks.

Chelle - You can only get music on to it from your PC, via I-Tunes as stated above.

As for MiniDisc - if you have a MiniDisc recorder you can use the cable to plug it into any speaker, then record directly onto the minidisc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Xila
    Ipod - The Burberry for the techo freaks.

Chelle - You can only get music on to it from your PC, via I-Tunes as stated above.

:yes: i dont want one...too expensive for me. but my dad is thinking of getting one so i said i'd ask about it for him :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Xila
    As for MiniDisc - if you have a MiniDisc recorder you can use the cable to plug it into any speaker, then record directly onto the minidisc.

Aye, but with iTrip you can turn your iPod into a hand held mini pirate radio station broadcasting to any radio within about 40ft. A proper good toy.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    :yes: i dont want one...too expensive for me. but my dad is thinking of getting one so i said i'd ask about it for him :)

CD Walkmans that can play MP3's are getting cheaper all the time - 1 disc can hold 10 hours of music - which is usually more then enough for a long flight, etc.

But you do need a PC with CD Burner
  • Options
    I'm fully aware that I'm gonna sound like a right plank here, but what is an i-pod?
  • Options
    I-pod is a new Toy apple brought out it's like a giant mp3 player with more toys for the boys on it:), personally I think it's aload of shit and I don't want one.. but thats jellously as they're to expensive.

They hold either 20 or 40 according to the Apple website, which is bigger than my harddrive, personaly I think it's stupid the amount of music you can store on it,
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I'm fully aware that I'm gonna sound like a right plank here, but what is an i-pod?

Shocked that someone didn't know this! :eek2: :eek:

They're not that new. The big one has been out around 8 months but they have just brought out a new mini iPod
  • Options
    mine doesnt seem to have this lead, just one to connect it to the computer, where can i get one to go into my cd player?:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Aye, but with iTrip you can turn your iPod into a hand held mini pirate radio station broadcasting to any radio within about 40ft. A proper good toy.

Grr, I despise pirate radio. Is it an official periphral?
  • Options
    iPod- a new and clever way to extract money from fools.

I wouldn't have one. Not least of all because of the way Apple are trying to use iPod as a way of selling music back to people who already own it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Grr, I despise pirate radio. Is it an official periphral?

It's legal in the states and prohibited here but I have one anyway.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    What's wrong with pirate radio?

It's normally shite, but hey. S'long as it doesn't cross wires with Classic FM I'm happy.
  • Options
    Technically, you don't *have* to use iTunes.

Theres some free software called ephPod which will transfer music and its much better than iTunes.

Also, to those with an iTrip - what do you think about it, I've had one and know several people with them and we all think they're crap. Slow to respond, bad range, just aweful. I find that better car kit type units with built in tuners are much better.
  • Options
    I loves my iPod. Was an absolute star on holiday.

Might think about getting an iTrip. Be useful in the car to piss off my parents.
  • Options
    Originally posted by drgoo
    Also, to those with an iTrip - what do you think about it,

I think it's a quality gadget. It takes a little while to find the best freq to transmit on but once you've found it, it works fine. It's range was advertised at 30ft but I've found it to work at even greater distance with hardly any loss of quality. I followed a mate of mine down to Newquay the other week and he was able to pick up what I was playing a great deal of the way.

Where you live is quite important in the quality of the transmission. I spend a lot of time on the road and have found that as you pass from one area to another you'll find that the quality can drop because of conflicting stations transmitting on nearby freq. London is particualry bad.
    For what it is I think it's well worth the 25 bar I paid for it.
    Weekender Offender