Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Ideas wanted

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend is going away soon to study in Minnesota (sp?)for six months and I wanna make him something really cool so he'll not forgot me, even thought I'm sure he wont:) Just wondering if anyone has any ideas, it needs to be fairly light and not bulky so he can take it with him. Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    you should make him/her a cd of songs that are personal to the two of you. That is something that I have done for other people and have had people do for me.
  • Options
    And a large photo frame full of photos of good memorys is always a good one :)
  • Options
    how bout a scrapbook of your friendship?? you could stick in loadsa photos of places you've been and things yo've done together+write in it - a bit like a high school leavers book i spose!! that way, that can look back on the all good times you've had :yes:
    SBG
    i like sparts idea too :thumb:
  • Options
    totally unrelated to the topic, but where abouts in minnesota? U of M? if hes coming down in any time but winter buy him a large can of mosquito spray, it may not be creative or anything but he'll love it to death w hen it becomes usefull... which it definatly will :p (actually, I agree with the scrapbook idea. it would be very cool to have one of those as a gift i would think)
  • Options
    yeah he's going to the university there for the first semester. Is a nice place?Is there plenty of things there for him to do?Anywhere/anything you would reccommend? Think I will do the scrapbook idea, maybe the CD. I'm crap with decisions.
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    how bout a scrapbook of your friendship?? you could stick in loadsa photos of places you've been and things yo've done together+write in it - a bit like a high school leavers book i spose!! that way, that can look back on the all good times you've had :yes:
    SBG
    i like sparts idea too :thumb:

They're always full of feeling. I think it's the best gift you could have. I have my school leaving book still and it brings back so many memories.
  • Options
    Scrapbook is cool, you can have photos, cinema tickets, you could write down silly stories. And paste a cd holder in the back cover and have a disk for cool songs as well?

Anywhere where there is evil mosquito life, the people will love the might of something like Deep Woods OFF! Sadly we don't have anything like it here in the UK, but also afterbite things.