Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

the songs i did last friday..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the show went quite well, actually! i'd say there were between 500-700 people there.. anyway, i recorded these today.. they're not bootlegs from the actual show, but i wanted to share two of the songs i did play, so maybe you could let me know if they are worth working on? one is new (the second one), one is a new version of a song i've posted recently...

i should stress that they are rough recordings.. not mixed correctly since i just did one-take with the piano and vocals (and added strings on the second one below). so rather than critique the technical aspects of the recording, maybe just some comments on the songs as a whole ;)

post-rape bubble bath

already there

thanks so much for listening.. this place is the only real forum i visit regularly and i value your opinions! i don't really have any friends... locking yourself in a room for nights on end doesn't lend itself well to friendship, etc.

lyrics later.. rest, now.
dep

Comments

• Options
    The first song is amazing. It's full of feeling and I could definately see that becoming a famous song. Ok it might sound dramatic but I loved it. You have a really good voice.

The second song wasn't bad but I think it needs a little work, but maybe that's because the first song blew me away. :)
  • Options
    love that first one :yes:
  • Options
    first ones really good, i am still waiting for second to download, its taking aaaages. Roll on friday when we get broadband lol.
  • Options
    Arent these the songs you posted before?

The second one its hard to hear what you are singing so i can't really comment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Arent these the songs you posted before?

The second one its hard to hear what you are singing so i can't really comment.

like i said in the post, the second one is a newer version of one i've posted before.. i also mentioned these are rough mixed recordings so you can't hear the vocals very well.. they're just to give you an idea of the song as a whole. i'm looking forward to making the flawless recordings, getting them mastered, etc.. just showing you the blueprints..

anyway, thanks for downloading, and for the comments ;)
  • Options
    man, both those tracks are well good. keep up ze good work :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by dep
    like i said in the post, the second one is a newer version of one i've posted before.. i also mentioned these are rough mixed recordings so you can't hear the vocals very well.. they're just to give you an idea of the song as a whole. i'm looking forward to making the flawless recordings, getting them mastered, etc.. just showing you the blueprints..

anyway, thanks for downloading, and for the comments ;)

I couldnt comment about the second one without hearing the song though if you get what i mean.
    Anyway keep up the good work.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I couldnt comment about the second one without hearing the song though if you get what i mean.

yes. completely :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    man, both those tracks are well good. keep up ze good work :thumb:

thank you :)