Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

My Computer/Documents/Network Places have disappeared!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did a quick search but couldn't find anything on this...
For some reason the My Computer, My Documents and My Network Places icons have disappeared from my desktop but if i explore desktop in windows explorer they are there! Also its only happened on my account (we have windows XP) and no-one elses. There doesn't seem to be anything massively wrong with my pc but its just irritating me. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    Could you have simply deleted the short cuts by accident? You should just be able to make a shortcut for each of three and paste them into the desktop.

Oh and I don't suppose you have hundreds of shortcuts all over your desktop? Is it possible there hidden under something else because of the amount of links?
  • Options
    I dont think i could have deleted them, and i dont have that many shortcuts on my desktop.
  • Options
    Ah great! thanks!!