Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Can Lying be Explained?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont know why people lie....i wish i did because i wanna know why I lie.....i mean i dont lie about big things and the worst part is that i lie to my own boyfriend.....the person i love the most but its not big things its STUPID things.....last nite he asked me and when we broke up like 5 months ago and shyt he asked me why i went back to my gothic clothes (yea i was goth then wen i started going out with him i changed soooo quick....too quick) and he asked why and i lied saying i dont remember first then i said because it was the first outfit i met him in then i told him the truth.....but this isnt the first tyme i lied to him about stupid shyt.......but so much stupidity and its gonna be 6 months in 18 days.....and now he is saying he feels indiferent about the realtionship

lying kills realitionships i know that but i wanna know why i do it i dont know why and its killing me because i love him sooo much.

Comments

• Options
    Its Human Nature, on a smale scall we cant help but exaggerate things to lift help boost our self worth, Lying makes people feel bigger than they really are at the time.

There are other reasons for telling different lies but in general I find lying is just a method we use to increase our selfworth in the short term even though it generally has a negative long term effect
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Its not that hard not to lie. Think before you reply to someone "now is this the truth? its not going to harm me to tell the truth"

oh and btw, shit isnt spelt with a y.

friendly note :razz:
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dr Pirate
    oh and btw, shit isnt spelt with a y.

neither is time. unless you mean thyme. but that's a whole different kettle of herbs. scarborough fair, etc.
  • Options
    well ive been typing like that for a long tyme now its just habit....maybe its just a new york thing to do
  • Options
    I agree with Gavman!:yes:
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Let me sum this up:

People Lie, because people can.
  • Options
    watched a documentary about lying in children.
    it is an essential tool for growing up.
    kids who learn to lie the earilest are streets ahead of their peers.
  • Options
    I am a compulsive lier. shit, there I go again.
  • Options
    I lie for the sake of it!

If it's someone I don't care about then it's no problem.
  • Options
    Originally posted by emerald skyyz
    well ive been typing like that for a long tyme now its just habit....maybe its just a new york thing to do

Do you really live in new york? Or are you lying? :p

Anyway, I used to be a compulsive liar because I was never pleased with the truth. One person would say "I went to this camp last year and did this and this and this" and the next person would say how cool that was, and I'd never done anything like it. So I lied, and said I'd done the most amazing things. I even lied to my best mate and said I was on an ice hockey team (in leicester? flying ducks was popular at the time)

i just realised in the end that lying was getting me nowhere and all i had to do was except i was a boring fart and didnt like myself because i didnt do anything. then do something about it. which isnt easy in this day and age, but you know, im still trying :p and have tried so many different things now! yay.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Do you really live in new york? Or are you lying? :p

LOL yes i do live in NYC

Also i have another question....why do we (i) lie to the people we love the most that we care about so much?
  • Options
    Originally posted by emerald skyyz
    LOL yes i do live in NYC

Also i have another question....why do we (i) lie to the people we love the most that we care about so much?

because we are scared of losing them, and when we lie we think we are helping secure our position when in reality once agai nthe long term effects can be damaging

just my thoughts on the subject
  • Options
    i am so confusedd about this beccaue i love my boyfriend with all my heart and i dont wanna lose him but i lie to him about the stupidest thing and he askes me why i lie and i say i dont know and i styll dont know why and its killing me because he needs an answer