Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

You have to be joking !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Busted are Number 1 with the official thunderbirds theme tune.. :mad:

:eek2: What are these record companies upto :eek2:

Its just.... NO ! .... no!

How can Busted get to number one with such a pissy song...

[/Scuse the rant]

Its been said before, from what ive heard that record companies tend to buy into their artists tunes to make them do well, is this true ? Could be here...

Opinions ?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    yeh they do buy up their own stuff.....

singles in themselves arent evil, its just its all the record companies focus on is singles, they dont get new artists etc etc so all they put out are crappy singles, like i own a couple of singles, but they all have good b-sides on them too, preobably never got higher than 30 in the charts, other than my prodigy breathe one which went numba 1 years bk

if all the alrite artists out there released OCASIONAL singles, then the charts would be varied and the songs would be pop, the artists may not be pop but the individual songs are
  • Options
    Its all sad, very very sad. I mean busted!

What is the world of music coming to :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy

What is the world of music coming to :rolleyes:

I asked myself thesame question :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I love that song, it's dead snazzy. :hyper:
  • Options
    The problem is not so much that Busted are number one (I don't really care, in a non-pretentious way), it's the fact that all record companies care about is hitting number one.

Songs don't stay in the chart as long as they used to. They just play the song everywhere and have the artists' pictures everywhere so everybody runs out and buys the song. Then they do the same thing the following week with a different artist.
  • Options
    Dont get me wrong i dont Like nor Dislike Busted, im just surprised somewhat that a song as dreadful as that ( IMO ).
  • Options
    You only need like 600 sales to get into the top 40 these days... hell I could release a single and get all my mates to buy a couple of copies and I'd be on TOTP! :D
  • Options
    I'm listening to it the now. ALWAYS LOOKS SO COOL WHEN SPACESHIPS COME OUT THE POOL! DOON DOON!

*moshes*
  • Options
    Record Companies in "We Want Our Song To Sell Well And Get To Number One" Shocker!

People whining about music like this forget one thing - record company intereference rarely has as much of an effect on the music as people make out.

It's the theme to the fucking Thunderbirds movie for fucks sake, it's not meant to be a musical masterpiece, and it doesn't try to be.

I despair.
  • Options
    AND! the flim is crapper than the bleeding song if thats possible!

(BTW i didnt pay to see it! just so's you know :D)