Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

longhorn

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
windows longhorn ...the next os from microsoft being released in 2005. someone i know haS DOWN LOADED IT ...FIXED SOME FILES ..INSTALLED IT OBVER his bent xp pro and he now has media player 11 ...
i'll be getting it off him next week ...let you know what happens.

Comments

• Options
    yeah there are quite a few leaked beta version of it floating around the net, i've tried it out but i'm not really gonna make my mind up till I try the finished product (although having said that has any version of windows been released finished?)
  • Options
    the interim builds are uber primitive , windows whistler (XP's beta) handled horribly compared to XP Pro,

I woulden't bother installing any leaked operating system software on your main computer, as it could cock up windows updates.

there are various programs that already copy the longhorn "sidebar" with anaolgue clock out on the net already, along with xp skins that resemble the early longhorn beta's, probably safer doing that :-)
  • Options
    Originally posted by noog

I woulden't bother installing any leaked operating system software on your main computer, as it could cock up windows updates.

he's not been able to windows updates cos it recognoses it as a copy ...till now. he has downloaded this thing on a library connection then put it over his bent copy ...which means it's now double bent.
    he can get updates ? he can ...how come?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    he's not been able to windows updates cos it recognoses it as a copy ...till now. he has downloaded this thing on a library connection then put it over his bent copy ...which means it's now double bent.
    he can get updates ? he can ...how come?
    to answer my own question ...probably microsoft building a data base of bent users ...
  • Options
    Be careful if you install any of these, as Noog says they are at early development stage, lots of bits missing, incompatible with a load of stuff and most of them will be time-limited.