Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New Splash Plastic Card

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There's a new Splash Plastic card out at Splash Plastic

They charge you £1.99 for a personalised card (99p if you pay by Splash Plastic on your existing card) or you can have a free unpersonalised card.

I know that there were a few threads about this last year but has Splash Plastic improved? Does anyone use theirs? Is the new card worth the £1.99?

Comments

• Options
    if you want to pay 1.99 for your name on a card then go for it :|

i liked it but it was so difficult to top up :|
  • Options
    erm well if you have an NUS card you can activate it and use it as a Splash Plastic Card, and lst time i checked they were personalised so if you have one you could use it

then again if you dont have one i really think £1.99 is a waste of money but yeah if ya really want it then go for it

But i never really found much use for the card as not many places accept it (wll not many places i would ever use)
  • Options
    What kind of people use splash? is it mainly under 16' that don't have a switch card?

How did you guys hear about it inthe first place .. are they link to the NUS?
  • Options
    I have one but I've never used it.
  • Options
    i liked it but it was so difficult to top up

You can get them toped up where ever there is a PayPoint, like in mobile fone shops, news agents, etc.

DG, SplashPlastic is for mainly under 16s and peeps who don't have a credit/debit card. There's not that many people that take this methid of payment online, altough it is slowly growing.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I don't know why people use Splash Plastic when anyone over 13 can get a Solo at Natwest, which is acceptable a lot more widely.
  • Options
    I already have the old one which I never use. I was asking if anyone would pay for one with their name on it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    You can get them toped up where ever there is a PayPoint, like in mobile fone shops, news agents, etc.

DG, SplashPlastic is for mainly under 16s and peeps who don't have a credit/debit card. There's not that many people that take this methid of payment online, altough it is slowly growing.

I'm surprised they're still going I know the guy that started the company we were in the office next door.
  • Options
    & they wonder why consumer debt in Britain has passed £1 trillion!