Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair Dying...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've decided I'm bored with the dark brown hair I have atm, and have just bought a Swartzkopf (sp) LIVE purple passion Permanent dye... I've not used a permanent dye for about 2 yrs, so I'm really nervous.

Has anyone used the LIVE dyes? If so, did you have roots after a while?

Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    Unless you want a very very very dark purple colour then you might want to consider lightening your hair before hand...

Peace
  • Options
    Nah, I'm not into bleach at all. I don't want roots because I'm growin my hair, and I straighten it quite often - I don't want to end up looking like a bale of hay!

I'm not wanting a vibrant purple, just a plum sheen will do...

Thanks anyway Bob, Ilora x
  • Options
    I use it every 6 weeks but I use the red passion shade (or something similar I can't really remember I only remember by looking at the picture of the lady on the front of the box - she looks like Anastasia anyway!)

Erm, I'm not sure about roots because I re-dye mine every six weeks. I kinda have to because I've been dying it this colour (you can see it in the pic) for 20 months now and after a while red pigment doesn't take as well to the hair.

Sorry I can't be of more help! I will say this though, my stylist said that that the LIVE haircolours are the best on the market for home dying if you want reds / purples. :)
  • Options
    I use their black-blue dye and generally to keep it looking good I should redo it every 5 or 6 weeks but I guess it depends on how fast your hair grows and how bright you want it to be!

If you are worried about roots then I'd do it once a month I guess. But if its just vibrant colour 6 weeks is fine but maybe use one of their sachets to brighten it up (thats a tip off a pal, I've not tried that myself)

I do rate the LIVE dyes-they are really nice! Take to my hair well too-I did use two packs on my initial first dye purely because I have very thick hair thats long.

Anyways happy dying!

(Oh and getting light roots was so funny for me-people normally moan about dark roots showing, lighter roots than the rest of ya hair tends to be less noticebale and I guess the purple one will be similair to the blue black)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    lighter roots than the rest of ya hair tends to be less noticebale
    I think it makes you look as if you're going bald. :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    I think it makes you look as if you're going bald. :yes:

Or you're going grey! :yuck:
  • Options