Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Trouser legs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What the fuck is the deal with rolling up one trouser leg to the knee, and leaving the other one down?

While out shopping today I noticed a dummy in a shop window and a fair few fannies with it done. I can picture them all walking past the shop earlier in the day: "Shit! Look! The latest style! Quick, up with our trouser legs!". Surely they realise they look like a fucking muppet walking around like that?

Right, so which of you trickasses has been doing it?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Trouser legs
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    What the fuck is the deal with rolling up one trouser leg to the knee, and leaving the other one down?

Ooh! OOH! Lots of gangstas in Nicos on a Saturday night do that, and they do that mad Nina Sky dance too, where they clap their hands all fancy like, but miss them at the same time. Comprendez?
  • Options
    I didn't think people actually did that except for 20 years ago and tv shows making fun of people 20 years ago :o
  • Options
    Wtf, you are kidding, right?

I refuse to believe people do that. You must've just had a really weird dream. :|
  • Options
    Dear god I hope you're joking. If not I am going to have to learn to run fast, because I'm going to be pointing and laughing at them in the street.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Dear god I hope you're joking. If not I am going to have to learn to run fast, because I'm going to be pointing and laughing at them in the street.

it's the only thing to do in that situation :thumb:
  • Options
    it's a drug thing, isn't it? one leg is supposed to indicate that you're buying, and the other that you're selling.

or did i dream that?
  • Options
    I've only known BMXers to do that, roll up the trouser leg on the side of the bike the chain's on...so it doesn't get caught (cos they generally wear baggy jeans) or oil on it or something. I have known them to do it when just walking around town too, which is a bit sad, but y'know.

As for non-BMX type people, I've never seen them do it. Have obviously heard all the gang/drug related theories.

Whatever the reason for doing it, it's sad and I too will be pointing and laughing if I see anyone doing it :p
  • Options
    Lmao. I think it's hilarious. There was this boy in 6th form at my school who done that. Some bloke came in my cafe the other day like it too, with a stupid hat on worn to the side and down a bit. I told him that you had to dress smartly to come in so he took his hat off and rolled his trouser leg down. Haha. But seriously though, I can't understand why people think it might look good.
  • Options
    Point and laugh at them. Then probably get shot or something. :(
  • Options
    I can't say I've ever seen anyone do it, let's hope it doesn't catch on here.
  • Options
    Oh yeah I've seen people with that. They're the same ones who wear all the 'bling'. People are stupid.
  • Options
    every rude boy and his mate have been doing it round here for ages. We even used to play netball against some girls who used to wear their trackie bottoms like that. Usually teamed with a daft hat or bandana. Get's on my nerves especially the pre-pubescent dickheads with sparrow legs who think it makes them look hard.
  • Options
    thought that was a thing a few years back..tended to be the townie types :s
  • Options
    You're all looking too deep into it...

Fans of 50-cent, that's all.
  • Options
    I didn't know 50cent did that.. I know he dons the single roll up but not all the way to the knee. He also wears a massive bandana round the front of his neck. Look like a cowboy with whiplash...

I myself roll one leg up but only a single fold...not to the knee...

I thought it was just DnB idiots?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Davy

You say that like there's nothing wrong with it. As if it's right up there on the scale of normalcy with taking out your rubbish early in the morning or lacing a pair of shoes.
  • Options
    Not exactly normal cus what is? normalicity is something that an INIDVIDUAL decides he/she wants in thier every day living.

It's not like a huge statement. I don't actually do it often, only with the one pair of jeans I own. Instead of foldin the bottom of the leg up on both, i only do it with one on the one leg with only that pair of jeans with just one fold. About 2 inches.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Davy

Ahahaa. Not suprising when you wear jeans like this though ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Ahahaa. Not suprising when you wear jeans like this though ;)

Well I'm sure wearing those out in public wouldn't cause any laughing.
  • Options
    I knew that LL Cool J used to do that on his show, but that was like 5 years ago. :eek2:
  • Options
    I actually thought hard about those jeans afterwards and told him to keep em at the depo and refund me for em.

I'm surprised anybody pays attention to me in ehre. Msg boards tend to ignore new ppl.

BTW I have only did this to the one pair of jeans on the one occasion... and got no dodgy looks nor remarks.