Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Longer hair?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you ladies like it or not? And by long I dont mean upto the guys shoulders, but just past the ears, and styled in a funky way.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends who its on and how it's cut and styled. I don't like short, gelled hair on blokes, I always prefer overgrown hair styled with a gum or putty product. It depends how it looks on the person and how they wear it really though.
    I think this has been done before. The majority of girls said they didn't like it, and the majority of that majority couldn't explain why it looks good on anybody famous (generally good-looking or not).

I would suggest doing what you want. Some girls will like it, some won't. That's probably how it is with your hair at the minute. But if you're thinking about growing your hair just to make an impression on girls, I wouldn't bother.
    Long hair....

YES!!!

Ilora x :p
    yeah long hair looks hot sometimes. not usually what i go for, but some blokes can definitely pull it off.
    i like guys with more than enough hair on their heads. like someone said before, that really short, really gelled look is revolting, argggh.
    Originally posted by Capacity
    and the majority of that majority couldn't explain why it looks good on anybody famous (generally good-looking or not).

I don't think it looks good on anybody. Brad Pitt had long hair and I would rather do a homeless dirtball than him with long hair. Long hair looks good on nobody, and my reasoning... because it simply doesn't. Just like a giant zit in the middle of a forehead doesn't look good on anybody. Plus, I've *never* seen a long haird man that doesn't look like a complete greaseball.
    I've never known anyone who dislikes long hair on quite the same level as you.
    Some blokes can pull it off, some just end up looking like they haven't seen a hot shower and a square meal in a decade. But as long as you're prepared to spend some time looking after it, I don't see why not. As Capacity said, some will like it, some won't...same with a skinhead, mohawk, mullet...ad finitum.

Personally, I like it. Ok, I like it on Johnny Depp...but I see other blokes on the street who look good with longer than average hair too.
    i think it depends a lot on the look of the guy+what their hair is like.eg long+straight tends to work ok whereas long+curly tends to be a bad idea
    if you're talking about just past the ears in a good trendy stye then yeah that looks good.
    My hairs down to my shoulders, I love it, but its hell to look after..
    I dont mind it. It looks better than really short gelled hair. I dont mind the greaseball look :)
    Its got to suit the person though, long hair doesnt suit everyone. Sometimes long hair softens an ugly face, or makes a gorgeous face look better. There are quite a few people who suit shorter hair - ie jon bon jovi, but his still isnt that short.
    Someone who can pull off long hair is Stu from Big Brother...he is gorgeous...I am so jealous of Michelle!! :mad:
    Yeh, tbf his hair is good.
    Originally posted by **grunge gurl**
    Someone who can pull off long hair is Stu from Big Brother...he is gorgeous...I am so jealous of Michelle!! :mad:

*makes retching noises* sorry, i lost a little bit of my lunch there :p

I've never known anyone who dislikes long hair on quite the same level as you.

i know, its not sane probably.
    Ok I'm ringing my hairdresser right now.

"Ello Richardo the 3rd...? Yeah it's Davy here I just want you to know I'm good for a cut this month, come back in a few more weeks..."

"You scruffy b*stard... I can tidy it up? What do you want it to be styled to?"

"..."

Ok guys I have a problem similar to 'lovin_ur_work's ... I have long hair just past the ear but need a style to have it tidied to but I don't care what. Call it one of those reality voting thingies...

What the hell do you like in long hair exactly??
    Get a copy of FHM. There'll probably be about 3 or 4 pages advertising some product or another. Anyway, there's some inspiration to be found especially concerning messy hair. That's still popular at the minute.
    Originally posted by my_name
    I don't think it looks good on anybody. Brad Pitt had long hair and I would rather do a homeless dirtball than him with long hair. Long hair looks good on nobody, and my reasoning... because it simply doesn't. Just like a giant zit in the middle of a forehead doesn't look good on anybody. Plus, I've *never* seen a long haird man that doesn't look like a complete greaseball.

i have to admit manda, im hurt :(
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    i have to admit manda, im hurt :(

ok... if you promise not to tell anybody, I only mean the people in this town which quite frankly long hair or not are all greaseballs. I'd admit that my dislike for long hair isn't as strong as I make it out to be but I fear that would make me look soft and not so scary :p
    Originally posted by my_name
    ok... if you promise not to tell anybody, I only mean the people in this town which quite frankly long hair or not are all greaseballs. I'd admit that my dislike for long hair isn't as strong as I make it out to be but I fear that would make me look soft and not so scary :p
    alright i forgive ya, but only cos ur gorgeous ;)
    Long hair on fellas, imo, is a no no.
    So your saying that these good people haven't got the best hair in the world? You all lie. ;<
    It does look good on some people (yes, the Thrills can pull it off!), but the majority of blokes I know with that sort of hair are 15-18 y/o "greaseballs", to us my_name's delightful term! You have to style it and keep it neat (and clean!) otherwise... :yuck:
    How about these?

I'm beginning to think that any famous people with long hair can "get away with it", whereas normal people can't.
    Originally posted by Capacity
    How about these?

I'm beginning to think that any famous people with long hair can "get away with it", whereas normal people can't.
    aye:mad: