Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A wankin' sore head

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some times when I masterbate I get the most terrible pain ever in my head. Kinda near my spine...like as if it's going through ny neck.

For the strangest reason ever...putting a pillow over my eyes when I wank helps.

But seriously...the pain is dyer. And, it doesn't go away for hours

Anyone have a clue about this?

Comments

• Options
    Not a clue mate, best go see your GP. And don't worry about seeing them, they would of heard worse.
  • Options
    Re: A wankin' sore head

Are you able to really relax in the place where you masturbate? Sometimes the worry of being overheard or of someone walking in on you means that you are sorta "straining" yourself to get it over and done with too quickly and that can push up the blood pressure - causing a headache ....
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Don't wank then.
  • Options
    I think you'll find...

When you wank, your blood pressure increases. It especially does this when you orgasm and loads of blood is pushed through your brain etc. This sometimes leads to a ache in the head.

That's the only thing I can think of.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Don't wank then.

Revolutionary ;)

I've heard of this before (the joys of working in a hospital) and it's often referred to as a "sexual benign headache" although I don't know if that's the official term. It can be the result of taking certain medications, but more often than not the cause is unidentified.

It's caused by the increase in blood pressure leading up to, and during orgasm.

In theory, it could be relieved by taking pain killers, but if you masturbate as frequently as some blokes I know, this is NOT recommended. If the headaches persist and you need to self-medicate (and really can't stop tossing off) then any decision to medicate should be made with the full guidance of your doctor or another reputable health care provider. Don't be embarassed to discuss this with your GP, should it continue to be a worry, you have the right to full health including sexual function and pleasure. Your problem is a legitimate medical one...and it's what they're paid for, anyway.

Personally I would recommend a slower and more relaxed technique next time you're masturbating, but the likelihood of a bloke following that advice is slim to none :rolleyes: It's also likely that having your head at the same level as the rest of your body (i.e. lying down on the bed) would help, as it allows blood to flow to the head more easily, especially when it's being summoned to your nether regions. I can't back that up with medical fact, but it seems like a sensible idea which might work.
  • Options
    Originally posted by briggi

It's caused by the increase in blood pressure leading up to, and during orgasm.

See! That's what I said. ;D
  • Options
    Or maybe it's Gods way of dropping a subtle hint? :p