Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eye brow and multi coloured hair.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Considering gettin' my eyebrow peirced and my hair dyed black and blonde.

Thing is, I'm kinda pale so, as much as I wanna look sk8r, I don't wanna look gothic. Anyone like to lend there opinion?

Comments

• Options
    i like gothic better,to be honest,but if want to look skater/punkish then don't wear all black,if you do every once in a while that is fine but all the time will throw off the impression of a goth look.
  • Options
    Ahh, thanks for that.

I would like to go a bit gothic...just not brave enough, lol:lol:
  • Options
    if you want to do it,do it,don't let anyone tell you who you are,it is your body,wear what you want on it
  • Options
    Wish I could, but I'm just not that typea guy.
  • Options
    It's worth a shot of trying though. If you try then you can say, hey, I look like a fool doing this, or maybe, hey, I don't look to shabby like this. Maybe try it sometime when you know you won't have to go to work or anything for a few days so if your hair looks bad then nobody but your friends/family will have to see it and it can always be easily changed back.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    It's worth a shot of trying though. If you try then you can say, hey, I look like a fool doing this, or maybe, hey, I don't look to shabby like this. Maybe try it sometime when you know you won't have to go to work or anything for a few days so if your hair looks bad then nobody but your friends/family will have to see it and it can always be easily changed back.

Yah, thanks...I will try that, thanks.

P.s. ...lol........You considered the possibility of me having a job...lol :lol:
  • Options
    If you want to look skaterish, I wouldn't recommend black hair dye. Black is reserved for the 'goths' and if you go for the black and blonde hair, you will most likely be called a goth...

Just look to the guys at VampireFreaks for an example of how not to look gothic... lol.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Lol yeah, VampireFreaks sucks.

I thought you got blocked, glad your still around *Waves*
  • Options
    Since when was being a "sk8r/goth/alternative" a paint-by-numbers kit.....*sigh*.....sorry if im being a cynical bastard but if you dont skate, arent a goth, or dont like "alternative" (horrid horrid word that is) culture then why would you want to adopt its fashion?
  • Options
    Because what was once alternative and outkast is now popular and very much in.
  • Options
    it is? hmmm...that must make it all alright then.

nevermind me, I'm back off to my cupboard to be cynical in private.

Peace
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    If you want to look skaterish, I wouldn't recommend black hair dye. Black is reserved for the 'goths' and if you go for the black and blonde hair, you will most likely be called a goth...

Just look to the guys at VampireFreaks for an example of how not to look gothic... lol.

Ilora x

i dont agree. it depends how you dress with it, if you put any make up on or anything. just because you have black hair does not necessarily label you a goth.

re the question - i would go for it. if you decide you dont like it then you can re-dye it a different colour, its not a big lifechanging thing like a tattoo - you can change it again :)
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but if you are pale (and by your own admission you are) it's a bad idea to dye your hair black. Not so if you're a girl, or indeed a goth, who can complement or tone down the black hair with make up. Black hair without any kind of complementary clothing/make-up/accessories is very dramatic and very hard to pull off, imo.

Also, I really don't think black and blonde hair could ever look good...unless you happen to be Shakira (and it's even debatable as to whether she looks good).

However, if you want to do it and feel it would be "you" then don't let me or anyone else put you off. As the littlemissy has said, it's a good (and easily rectified) method of changing your image and you won't know if you don't try :)
  • Options
    why don't you just go for a really dark brown instead of black. i think dyed black hair can look too garish or just plain ugly sometimes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by briggi
    I'm sorry, but if you are pale (and by your own admission you are) it's a bad idea to dye your hair black.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. One of my best mates is so incredibly pale and has naturally white blonde hair and he dyed his hair blue black aout 6months ago and went from looking like a little boy to a hot hot hot man. I look at photos of him with blonde hair and thank god for the day he decided to go dark!!

Meanwhile on a side note..... i'm from australia. And one thing i have noticed a lot whilst lurking around the site is that u guys all have very defined ideas of what category u fit into, what u are/are not allowed to say/wear/do/think. and it completely baffles me. Whilst the stereotypes do exist to SOME extent there really isnt all too much like that here. It kind of makes me chuckle when i read a post saying 'im gonna change my style to a more punk look. i'd love to be goth but im not brave enough'. sigh. oh well....... im not judging btw. just explaining how weird it seems to me.

Love the littlest one
  • Options
    i think black+blonde will not look too gothic.maybe after that try dying it all red+ul get diff tones where black+white bits are+thatl look more skaterish :)