Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Terminate LSD experiences

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was just on erowid and saw something that said "Thorazine used to terminate lsd experiences". Clicke don it but no real info. Are they trying to say that if you are triping, take some Thorazine and it will cancel out your trip?

Comments

• Options
    There IS a drug that is administered to victims of bad trips (or people who have been spiked) to mellow the trip, although i distinctly remember that it only mellowed and did not completely eradicate the effects of the trip
  • Options
    You can get otc niacin tablets at most drugstores I think. Haven't actually used it to cancel out a bad trip but it works from what I've read.
  • Options
    I think Thorazine will cancel out a trip, but in the main its never used. Most NHS A&E's will just give you a downer if you come in freaking out from a trip.

Pretty much you just have to ride it out.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Felix, can you post a link to the Erowid page? I'm being really lazy....
  • Options
    Theres that classic old myth about LSD and being able to get rid of it with vitamin C too. Rubbish of course.
  • Options
    Yeah here you go Jade.

CLick
  • Options
    Well that basically backs up what I mentioned about just using a downer to either put people under or to stop them worrying.

Most comments I have read have said that LSD is a bit too risky and difficult to control to be used effectively in therapy. Drugs such as MDMA and 2CB are seen as much more useful.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Cheers Felix. This page says the following -
    Also, the mental effects of LSD can be rapidly reversed by the intramuscular administration of 50 mg of chlorpromazine.
    Which is what Erwid says. What I am having trouble finding out is how Chlorpromazine works, and thus how it stops the effects of LSD. I'll have a proper look this afternoon.
  • Options
    I'm somewhat dubious about that site to be honest, it mentions that in higher doses LSD will depress the heart rate. LSD has virtually no effect on the CNS at all.

It can trigger the 'fight or flight' response leading to enlarged pupils, higher heart rate etc. But depress? I think not.

Plus there is mention of cross tolerance with DMT and psilocybin. I'm fairly sure those two do have some cross tolerance but LSD with those two, hmmm, I'm not sure.