Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Oil

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    but the doors are starting to close ...you don't see that?
    there are holes being burnt in the sky ...the polar ice caps are melting ...the oceans are dying and rapidly ...there is a world water shortage ...there is a world energy crisis ...the gulf stream is being pushed back ...aids is on the march ...a lunatic sits as king of the world ...and it's all just going to be fine and dandy?

No one ever said that. And I'd be a fool to think that one can go through life without problems. And you'd be a fool to think that life was problem-less a 100 years ago.

I am just saying that we have more tools than any generation prior to us, and that many situations might seem critical, but shouldn't it have been the end of the world some years ago according to Nostradamus. Meaning that we have been doomed to die a lot of times before, yet we're still here.
    Focuse on what we can do, instead of setting limits on that account.
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Naivete is wonderful when young, but soon enough the reality of the world will steal away such precious illusions.

Say what you want, I am not complaining about my childhood, my present and prospects of the future.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    No one ever said that. And I'd be a fool to think that one can go through life without problems. And you'd be a fool to think that life was problem-less a 100 years ago.

I am just saying that we have more tools than any generation prior to us, and that many situations might seem critical, but shouldn't it have been the end of the world some years ago according to Nostradamus. Meaning that we have been doomed to die a lot of times before, yet we're still here.
    Focuse on what we can do, instead of setting limits on that account.
    don't get me wrong ...i don't believe in this end of the world stuff ...what i do see and actualy expect to happen is an end to the lifestyles we so take for granted right now.
    the world is facing a huge ammount of problems ...some of which can't be fixed ...if the gulf stream switches off ...all the technology in the world aint going to turn it back on.
    if the oceans die ...again theres nowt we can do.
    i firmly believe an end to western civilisation as we know it at present ...isn't far from being history.
    i have land and knowledge ...i'm in with a chance. a bigger chance than people so reliant on technology.
    no i'm not a survivalist or an armaggedon merchant ...it's what i see ...how i interpret what i see.
    if you believe the world of carears and mortgages is going to carry on forever more ...then best of luck.
    i'm considering getting horses ...the kind that pull carts!
    Good luck with the horses.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Good luck with the horses.
    08-carthorses-lg.jpg