Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Video Game not sold in wake of murder

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Aladdin

I guess the families of the perpetrators of 9/11 could have blamed the attacks on the evil Microsoft game... :rolleyes:

This did happen, there was talk around the time of all realistic flight sims being banned.

This paricular game being withdrawn is a joke, but fantastic advertising if you can still get hold of a copy of it. I'd never heard of the game before the news story, but the next day I was looking through shops (other than Dixons) to try and find it. Couldn't though.
    People like scapegoats. Strict classification guidelines for games, seperate from film, adverts etc, are whats needed alongside shops acting responsibly over age restrictions.
    If you've never played Vice City till now, enjoy - it's a great game.
    Originally posted by Jim V
    If you've never played Vice City till now, enjoy - it's a great game.

surely people must have been living under a rock to have not have ;):p
    Originally posted by Infinite
    I had it ages ago, saw it in HMV for a 15 quid and just decided to buy it again. It's much better on pc (imo).

heh cool :)
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I guess the families of the perpetrators of 9/11 could have blamed the attacks on the evil Microsoft game... :rolleyes:

Nah, they should go for Tom Clancy who described such an attack in one of his books...
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    I was just playing theme hospital, does that mean my hospital running skills are improving :p

Didn't do much for mine :D
    think it was in the metro today, apparently the parents of the lad that died are planning to sue rockstar and sony for £50m :eek2:
    Originally posted by superfly
    think it was in the metro today, apparently the parents of the lad that died are planning to sue rockstar and sony for £50m :eek2:

No disrespect but they are idiots.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    My dad and brother go on this game and I think it is horrible!

My ex had it too (I think) and they all seem to think its a funny game but I think its horrible!
    That's a matter of taste.
    I do think in a way that computer games influence the way some kids act despite what some of you may think. I have a 7 year old brother and he copies things he sees on computer games...usually wrestling, lol and I always get it!
    Yes, I used to imitate games too when I was little. The thing is, the games I played at that age were of people jumping on funny-looking monsters' heads to destroy them and princes rescuing princesses, not a guy with a chainsaw hunting innocents.
    My point is, game ratings exist for a purpose. I don't agree with all of them, but sometimes you should pay attention to them.
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    My dad and brother go on this game and I think it is horrible!

My ex had it too (I think) and they all seem to think its a funny game but I think its horrible!

I do think in a way that computer games influence the way some kids act despite what some of you may think. I have a 7 year old brother and he copies things he sees on computer games...usually wrestling, lol and I always get it!

As Zalbor said, the games have age ratings for a reason. Techically the murderer should have had no access to the game on his own. Someone must have bought it for him....
    Saw this newsbite yesterday on Gamespot and today on the register.

The Register

and

Gamespot

I find this to be an interesting statement - the police had already announced that the game was not involved in the murder, but that "some sections of the media chose to ignore it.
    Originally posted by Ants
    I find this to be an interesting statement - the police had already announced that the game was not involved in the murder, but that "some sections of the media chose to ignore it.

i guess 'death by crazy boy' is not quite as catchy a headline.
    HAHA, stupid media. In the meantime HMV has completely sold out of the game that had been doing appalingly until now.
    Rockstar games must be laughing all the way to the bank, and who can blame them?