Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Beware of additions direct...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
their sizes are

MASSIVE!!

and its £3 to ship each order (even orders placed within the same hour cant be combined...)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have heard bad things about them since they became seperate from argos. Never really like the clothes anyway, all the stuff I have got has been poor quality.
    What people don't realise is that they sell exactly the same stuff as nearly every major catalogue company (aside from people like NEXT who sell their own brands obviously)
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    What people don't realise is that they sell exactly the same stuff as nearly every major catalogue company (aside from people like NEXT who sell their own brands obviously)

yeh its basically the same stuff only cheaper

everything ive ever ordered from it has been oversized, even if i buy 2 sizes to try and i end up returning them and having to pay to have a smaller size delivered.
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    everything ive ever ordered from it has been oversized, even if i buy 2 sizes to try and i end up returning them and having to pay to have a smaller size delivered.

i'm finding that with most shops recently. it used to just be the odd ones (m&s and miss selfridge were awful for it) but now i'm buying at least one size smaller that i normally would in pretty much all shops. it's just silly.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i'm finding that with most shops recently. it used to just be the odd ones (m&s and miss selfridge were awful for it) but now i'm buying at least one size smaller that i normally would in pretty much all shops. it's just silly.

Do you think it could be anything to do with people getting fatter? Like they're altering the definition of a size 10, 12 etc because people are generally getting bigger? Or is this just a wild stab in the dark?

I agree about M&S, too.

As for Additions, it's abysmal quality imo...and their sizing is totally off. It's supposed to be a convenience, buying clothes through a catalogue, but with them you're better off going out, trying stuff on and coming home satisfied...rather than spending ages sending stuff back, finding out it's all wrong, sending it back etc etc.
    Originally posted by briggi
    Do you think it could be anything to do with people getting fatter? Like they're altering the definition of a size 10, 12 etc because people are generally getting bigger? Or is this just a wild stab in the dark?

it could be, but people should just accept what chuffing size they are. or shops should start making size 4s. otherwise people like me can't have clothes. which is very annoying.

or sizing charts need to be revised. cause they lie.
    yea sizes are getting bigger. i tried on a skirt of my mums a while back that she had when she was much younge+sizes have definately changed since then! a size 12 then was probably about the quivalent to a modern size 8-10
    And there was me thinking I'd lost weight. Thanks for bursting my bubble people.... :p
    *pop* sorry, have a hug it makes it all better :p
    ....so i send them back and order a size down. And its way too small!! This means that the first size i ordered must of been labelled up wrong, so now i have to send this back and order my original size again which will cost another £3 delivery :mad: :mad: :mad:
    maybe your inbetween sizes? i always seem to be :( 9 for tops, 11 for trews
    Originally posted by freak
    maybe your inbetween sizes? i always seem to be :( 9 for tops, 11 for trews

yeh i know what u mean, but im always a 12 (depending on if the sizes are correct or not). I originally ordered a 12 and a 14 because ive found in the past that catalogue clothes tend to size things for the waist not the hips. The 14 was absolutely hUge and same with the 12
    Then i ordered a 10 and it was tiny, Therefore the size 12 should of fit me in the first place because as the 10 is tight on my hips the 12 should of been about right.

I dont see why i should have to pay for another delivery when its their sizes that are wrong, not my ordering!

/rant
    Originally posted by person posing as spongebobsgirl
    your justall gettin fatter

yeah, that'd make sense considering we all seem to be fitting into smaller sizes.

:yeees:
    just to point out someone seems to have signed in as spongebobsgirl from about 1.30 to 2.00. I'm gonna delete the posts made in that time frame, so if you come across something that seems rude or out of place by spngesbobsgirl that might be the reason.
    theres just a worldwide conspiracy to make us believe we are thinner than we are
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    I got a top from FCUK and I got size extra small which the guy in the shop said should be for sizes 6-8. I am not a 6-8 I am a 10-12 and was very surprised when this top fitted me!

I got the nicest jeans from there, and they are a size 6! Which I am most definately not! And also, their trousers seem to be really long compared to other shops which is really good for me but I found it quite surprising that for once, I got some jeans that are long enough!!