Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Quality Nights Out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Im a bit dispondant at the moment, i cant remember the last time i had a really good night out:(

Club culture has died and the illusive (Human Traffic-esque) 'big night' that everyone hopes to have when they go out has so far,well... illuded me:p

So just to reafirm my faith that its still worth going out, i would like to ask people to post details of really memorable nights, times you really enjoyed clubbing or whatever, just social events that were memorable.

I need cheering up

:(:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it still is worth going out, you just need to find the right places, most clubs are full of piss heads and the clubs themselves would rather play beyonce knowles and britney spears than anything dance like, went to a bar/club for my mates 18th a while back, there was a class Dj at it, there was only about 30-40 people at the place but everyone was talking away having a mad time, ended up raving away to mauro picotto-lizard and conershop- brimful of asha mixed together, so i'd advise you to go out this weekend and go nuts.
    Used to be a club down here called the monastery it used to be a church, really gothic looking building didnt look like a allnighter hard house club at all!

When you went on a night out in there they used to be the best your ever have in your life they was that magical.

All the famous DJs played there and loved the place like lisa lashes and tony de vit etc.

It was open every saturday 11 - 7. It didnt have a alcohol license so it was basically a druggy club, attitude was pills for all and be one big happy family which made it the friendliest, best nights there the music was stomping too.

Sadly though it got busted by the police i was there when it happened, they knew it was a drugs haven so they had to take action for the sake of the public :rolleyes: few people got arrested on the night for dealing and its never opened again and wont ever will either.

Maybe if they had tried to get a drinks license and get a few pissheads in it could of made the places reputation look more legit instead of looking like a club for pillheads.

You could say the drugs killed the place but it was more the actions of certain people carrying in 100s of pills in to sell and take advantage of the clubs turn a blind eye attitude to people necking loads and people dealing openly which put the nails in its coffin.

I saw many times bouncers turning away when people was dealing in there and when they appealed about the license being revoked they swore blind in court they ran a zero tolorance policy to drugs in there :lol:

Fuck the police i say, they may have took my club away but they will never take away my memories of the nights i had in the place they will stay with me forever.

Edited to add :

The bastards even arrested the owner of the club on the night of the raid charges being he knew drugs was a massive problem in the place but didnt work with the police to take out the dealers.

Some people got arrested occasionally and was handed to the police so from his point of view what more can you do!
    If you want a good night there is one tomorrow that is bound to be absolutely top.

Elation at the Electroworkz in Angel north London.

Sharkey is going to be there doing a two hour set.

I would be going if I hadnt just heard about it yesterday.

It is THE best hardcore night anywhere, EVER!
    Club culture has died

It died when Flip 'n Fill, Scooter, and those twat heads started releasing their poison cheese on club land.
    I wouldnt say that really.

Yes, some bigger clubs are on their way out, but I dont think its a coherant 'culture' anymore anyway.

The Hardcore scene is thriving and other nights are poping up all the time.

I just think people are a bit more skint these days, and the real over the top poly-drug use is getting to some clubs, especially the drinking.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Destiny @ The Manor nightclub and Adrenalin @ Enzo's were without a doubt the two best events and venues I've ever experienced.
    Tazmania @ Hastings Pier and Dreamscape @ Shepton Mallet are the best of the bigger events that I ever went to but they don't compare really - I've always prefered the smaller venues and events.
    Weekender Offender