Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Aberdeen uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I was just wondering does anyone know wat its like.im going there in sept
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    aberdeen was my second choice uni. i like aberdeen as a city and the uni is fairly good. it depends what you are doing (like it is with all unis). the student life is quite good too as you have 2 unis there with lively unions.

my friend went there and had a whale of a time and has just graduated :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    o right.im gonna be doing english and film.so i know iii enjoy that it was the social side of things was wondering about. edinburgh was my first choice. i applied for english and history.but it seems a lot of people who applied for history got rejected.
    Lot of my mates go there, all have only good things to say about it.

Aberdeen's a great city to live, better than Edinburgh IMHO and certainly better than Dundee and Glasgow.

You'll have a blast.
    Im going to aberdeen too this september. Staying in hillhead accomidation!
    The social side is apparently very very good. The quality of life is quite high, and Aberdeen is an affluent city. Also a very beautiful city.

If only the same could be said about Hillhead Halls. They resemble a 1960s council estate.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Kermit
    If only the same could be said about Hillhead Halls. They resemble a 1960s council estate.

true, but alot of students live there so although it is not fantastic to look at alot of my friends who went there have made friends for life, had a blast and have no regrets whatsoever about living there :)
    cool u both staying in hillhead.i just got my accomodation the other day. im in keith house
    Im at Aberdeen. I was at Edinburgh, but moved...the vibe is totally different. Aberdeen has a pleasant campus...its not too big, and feels quite friendly, but not suffocating.

The downside, imo, is that the student union has closed down. It used to be wicked fun in 1st year, but they ran out of money or something. I just think that is REALLY poor. There should be a union, not some cornered off section of the refectory that hasn't had a paint job since 1970.

But yeah, the actual campus is really nice :)
    o right yea i heard about the union closing but i got somtihng from the unin saying that their would be a new union bar and all that built for sept this year.maybe it was all bullshit?
    Well, the old Union was in the centre of town, but this "new" union is going to be on campus@the old refectory. The refectory is horrible. It smells and has no atmosphere. Even my mum and dad hated it when they were there in the 70s.

Unless they have changed their plans now of course, but i dont think so. But then, how would i find out?...the student newspaper has been shut down now too. :no: