Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Contact lenses-Quick Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so i have brown/dark brown eyes and i wanna get coloured contact lenses in blue

my eyes wont be too dark for the colour to be noticable will they?

ta
xxx

Comments

• Options
    no they should be noticable even over your dark eyes. i've had freshlook colours and colourblends and the colours are more solid and vibrant whereas the colourblends, while noticeable, are a lot more subtle. i prefer the colourblends
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    *mumble grumble*
  • Options
    The coloured part of coloured contact lenses is opaque, not translucent, so there should be no problem.
  • Options
    Just be prepared for damage to your cornea if you wear lenses alot...
  • Options
    Re: Contact lenses-Quick Question
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    ok so i have brown/dark brown eyes and i wanna get coloured contact lenses in blue

my eyes wont be too dark for the colour to be noticable will they?

ta
    xxx

well i had greeny/turqouise contacts and they were quite noticeable even though i have dark brown, almost black eyes. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Just be prepared for damage to your cornea if you wear lenses alot...

ive worn contacts for the last two years, dont see your point on 'damage to the cornea' they wouldnt sell them if there was proof of that ;)
  • Options
    they do if you don't use them properly like you should.

i had some slight damage to my corneas when i was younger cos i was stupid and used to forget to take out my contacts and sleep in them or wear them for a lot longer than it recommended on the pack.

thankfully i'm not that dumb anymore.

p.s. make sure you thrown the contacts away after however long they are meant to last, generally a year at the very most. cos after however long it's meant to be they degrade even more and start to act like sandpaper on your eyes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Maladjusted
    they do if you don't use them properly like you should.

i had some slight damage to my corneas when i was younger cos i was stupid and used to forget to take out my contacts and sleep in them or wear them for a lot longer than it recommended on the pack.

thankfully i'm not that dumb anymore.

me too, i gave myself an eye ulcer or two which is the most painful thing in the world ever. I can still wear contacts now, ive been wearing them for 12 years. I do have to get them checked up every 6 months, and any damage done, wasnt lasting.
  • Options
    ive been a bit dumb before like sleeping in them (usualy drunk) or using the same solution etc but after the laft bout of conjunctivitus i threw out all my eye make up, bought new stuff and gave my eyes a rest from contacts for a month

much better :) cant wait to have lovely blue eyes
  • Options
    cant wait to have lovely blue eyes
    Problem is, you never will. You'll only be making people believe you do. And what's wrong with your real eye colour anyway?
  • Options
    maybe she just wants a change? i used to change my eye and/or hair colour every month/other month. too lazy for that now though :)
  • Options
    maybe she just wants a change? i used to change my eye and/or hair colour every month/other month. too lazy for that now though :)
    But you can't change either of them. You can only make it LOOK different. It doesn't matter if you (not you, I mean a random person) dye your hair black and wear blue lenses all day, you're still a brown-eyed blonde.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    But you can't change either of them. You can only make it LOOK different. It doesn't matter if you (not you, I mean a random person) dye your hair black and wear blue lenses all day, you're still a brown-eyed blonde.
    well I think looks are only looks, theyre not an inherent part of who you are necessarily. If she wears blue lenses and has brown hair, then for that time, she is a blue eyed, brunette.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    well I think looks are only looks, theyre not an inherent part of who you are necessarily. If she wears blue lenses and has brown hair, then for that time, she is a blue eyed, brunette.
    IMO (at least), not as long as the blue in the eyes can be removed any moment and the brown on the hair is only a substance covering the hair. If, through some surgery or something, it was possible to make the eye's iris blue and replace the melanin(word?) in the hair so that it looks brown, then she would be. Not naturally, but she would be.
  • Options
    as for replacing the melanin, that's what the bleach is for :p
    strips all the pigment out of your hair and makes it porous so that new pigments, i.e. your hair dye, can be absorbed as well as coating the hair.
    also you could cahnge the colour of your iris, but it would probably also blind you in the process.

liek rainbow brite said, to all extents you are that eye/hair colour. you're just being pedantic :P ;)
  • Options
    ive worn contacts for the last two years, dont see your point on 'damage to the cornea' they wouldnt sell them if there was proof of that ;)

Yeah they would.

Worth talking to an ophthalmologist if you want a good opinion on contact lenses. But I was told in no uncertain terms that there is a high risk of damage through long term usage...
  • Options
    liek rainbow brite said, to all extents you are that eye/hair colour. you're just being pedantic :P ;)
    Ok for the hair, but not eye. If I put on a George Bush mask that looks life-like it doesn't mean I have the same face as Bush.
  • Options
    ive ordered a months worth of green and a months worth of sapphire blue 'colours' lenses to choose which i prefer should be in on wednesday oooh all excited
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    IMO (at least), not as long as the blue in the eyes can be removed any moment and the brown on the hair is only a substance covering the hair. If, through some surgery or something, it was possible to make the eye's iris blue and replace the melanin(word?) in the hair so that it looks brown, then she would be. Not naturally, but she would be.

actuallyt im naturally brown hared blue eyed
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    actuallyt im naturally brown hared blue eyed
    Um, I wasn't talking about you, or anyone specifically really.