Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Curling Tongs

What are the curling tongs that michelle use in Big Brother? And where can I get my hands on some? :confused:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Curling Tongs
    Originally posted by Zella
    What are the curling tongs that michelle use in Big Brother? And where can I get my hands on some? :confused:

I wanted them. :(

I thought it was these Carmen girls ones from Argos which are meant for kids. I got 'em and they're crap. Plus my hair's really too short. You'd have to have fairly long hair.

They cost me £19.50, once I'd managed to take them back I got some Remington ones for £6.99/£7.99 (can't remember which) and they're really good. They don't have that guide on them, but don't think I need them.
  • Options
    i want them too! apparently they are :

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=2501&productId=112699&Trail=C$cip=17009>C$cip=17013>C$cip=17015&categoryId=17015
  • Options
    let us know if they are any good and if worth purchasing. Anyone got any other suggestions for under 20 quid?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by natos

Yup! That the ones! I'm gonna be getting them when i get paid. Tho if their pants i'll just take them back. I have long hair so i'll be ok.
  • Options
    carmen angel curls right? i have a pair, but find them a bit hard to use cos u gotta curl from the bottam up :confused:
  • Options
    But isnt that how you curl hair.......i know thats how i do mine anyway.
  • Options
    My friend's got those ones, I tried them out when I was round her house - they were pretty good. I'm getting some myself next month.
  • Options
    I've got those, I have found that they are quite good. Burnt my ear though, but thats got more to do with my incompetence than the tongs.
  • Options
    I use a set by babyliss that i bought from boots. Got about 6 different tongs to it i think but i only ever really use the spiral curl one. Can't fault it for giving good curls. Takes a while to heat up but it's definitely worth it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by natos

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=2501&productId=112699&Trail=C$cip=17009>C$cip=17013>C$cip=17015&categoryId=17015

They're the ones I bought, I didn't find them very good at all. :(
  • Options
    i dont understand the appeal of curling hair, it just makes it harder to manage. maybe its because iv got naturally curly hair :(
  • Options
    I use my straightners for curling my hair. It's so much easier than having a seperate set of curling tongs, and I never find tongs work as well. Straighteners are so versatile :thumb:
  • Options
    I've tried using my GHD's to curl, like it says on the pamphlet, but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it!

How do you curl with straighteners???

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I've tried using my GHD's to curl, like it says on the pamphlet, but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it!

How do you curl with straighteners???

Ilora x
    Yeh the way it instructs in the GHD leaflet is pant! It's hard to explain, but imagine you've got a section of hair...with the straightners, instead of moving straight down your hair as if you were straightening it, twist your hand as you go down. Your hair shouldn't wrap around itself, you should twist and move down at the same time so that the hair wraps around the straightners and slides down gradually, creating like a big ringlett which you can then seperate with your fingers. The good thing with them is you can create curls as loose or tight as you want depending on how much you twist them. You can do fairly big sections of hair at a time too, compared to tongs which only work well if you use a small section of hair. Also, you could try picking out a few small pieces of hair and wrapping them round a small metal object like a skewer stick, and runing the straightners over that which creates a tiny really tight curl. I had my hair like this the other day - loosely curled with a few really tight curls every now and again. Like I said, it's hard to explain without showing you, but if you couldn't make sense of it, either try it out with your straightners, and if you still can't do it, ask your stylist! :thumb:
  • Options
    But isnt that how you curl hair.......i know thats how i do mine anyway.

My other ones were from the top down, no i cant go from the bottam up with these cos i end up with a long straight bit cos i cant curl no more without burnin my head :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Also, you could try picking out a few small pieces of hair and wrapping them round a small metal object like a skewer stick, and runing the straightners over that which creates a tiny really tight curl.

Ooooooh that sound really cool! I'm so gonna have to try that when I get my GHD's.
    Still getting the curling tongs tho cos well...I can
  • Options
    Yeah I've got the carmen girls ones...got them in my local supermarket for a tenner a few months ago! They're really good :) But I'm usually too lazy to use them. I make a few curls and then get bored :(
  • Options
    I curl my hair with my GHD's, tis easy. :D

I use them just like a curling tongue, winding my hair around it and leaving for a few seconds.
  • Options
    i got some small ones from asdas for about £4

do me good cuz at the mo i only have my hair curly when its in a pony, but i think ill nip down to argos when i get paid and get those ones michelle has, her hair looked so gorgeous :love: