Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Orlando

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Im goin there in a couple of weeks+wondered if people could recommend places to visit/see.(not just the theme parks, thou feel free to mention shops-especially alternative clothing 1s!:D[already know there are 4 hot topics there])
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was there 6 years ago, i was young and can't really remember much.

But you'll find most places are sign directed and you'll find your way around very quickly. If you have a car it will be much easier for getting places and that sort of thing.

The food is lovely too and there's free refils in drinks, well it was when i was there.

All the parks are good to go to, bush gardens was good but there was a thunderstorm when we were there and alot of the rides got closed down, disney is good too,there's also a good couple of water parks.

From what i think there are "malls" all over the place, i'm sure there's a big massive one around somewhere, it's orlando.I got some good items home from that holiday.

I'd like to go to Calforina, has anyone ever been before?
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I'd like to go to Calforina, has anyone ever been before?

Don't want to shit all over Florida...but well, California does :D

If you want my (limited) knowledge and experience of Cali, PM me :) Don't want to hijack this thread talking about a state on the opposite side of the US.

As for Florida, there are indeed malls everywhere...and you'll be in shopping heaven :)

I would recommend the Everglades for some spectacular wildlife and a change from Mickey Mouse ears and tack. It's really fun and exciting whilst also not being off the beaten track at all. Go if you can!
    Iv been to California but it was years ago+was a skiing trip
    i have been to florida 4 times and the latest time was in october. i know quite a bit.

Shops

the best shooping outlet i thought was the Orlando Premium Outlets. I think it is near the bottom of international drive and Sea World.

Belz outlets are at the very top of international drive near the Universal Orlando complex but they only have a couple of shops now that are worth going to.

Florida Mall is good but is a bit further away than others and a bit more expensive (but probably much cheaper than here).

Mall at Millenia is a new mall but with really expensive shops but aparently is worth going to have a look but not to buy anything.
    If you want really tacky shops then go to International Drive. Full of cheap tacky stuff.

Point Orlando and Mercado are on international drive. They have shops and restaurants but aparently quite a few of the shops at these two places are closed down at the moment.

Theme Parks

Universal Orlando has 2 parks Universal Studios and Islands Of Adventure.
    Universal Studios is my favourite theme park. It's probably because i love films and here you can 'ride the movies' :D Alot of the rides are cheesy but they are really good.
    Islands Of adventure is a good park but doesn't have enough for a whole day. Got a couple of the best coasters and rides that are considered the best in the world.

Disney World has 4 parks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom
    Magic Kingdom is good. For some people they have to go here every trip but i have only gone twice.
    Epcot used to be my least fave park but its getting better. Mission Space opened in October and it makes you feel like you are in a rocket in space. The firework show, Illuminations is the best of any park in my opinion.
    Disney MGM Studios is one of my fave parks but i know people who think its boring. It has 2 of my favourite rides, Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster. There are quite a few shows here which could get boring for some people.
    Animal Kingdom, only been here once and it was in october. It was better than i thought and because it closes at about 5 everyday it has enough to do a couple of good rides and show. Some people spend days here looking at all the detail while others only need a couple of hours to see all they want.

Sea World. Went on my first trip and didnt think it was very good but went on the last trip and thought it had improved alot. It has 3 rides and the rest are shows. It is a more laid back park, which i liked and you don't feel rushed and there is enough time to see everything unlike other parks.

Busch Gardens is really good if you like coasters but my mum got bored here because there were only about 2 or 3 rides that she would go on!

Water Parks
    The main ones are Wet n Wild on International Drive and Billzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon in Disney World. I have never been to any but Wet and Wild looks unatractive and doesn't make me wanna go there. Typhoon Lagoon looks nice and tropical and has one of the largest wave pools and Blizzrd Beach has loads of big slides. At one point (not sure if it still is) but the slide Sumit Plumit was the tallest and fastest and steepest water slide in the world.

Thats all i can think of now. If you want more info on anything then ask!:D

:cool:
    Ripley's Believe it or Not museum is cracking :)
    tnx for all the advice, espesh stu12 for his lil tour guide :)

stu could u possibly specify what kinda stuff they sell in each shopping area-if u can remember. im more into alternative clothes+dont think il be able2visit all the malls so if i can pick where i wana go before itd be great to know where iv got best chance of finding things i like, tnkies :D
    I've been to Orlando thrice. It's absolutely awesome! If you get the chance, go and see Orlando Magic play!