Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Urine with Blood in it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This problem is kinda embarassing but heere goes:

For about two days I have had a feeling of needing to go pee but not being able to.. So I drank lots of water and that seemed to clear it up.. But I noticed something that looked like blood in my pee.. There wasn't much of it at all.. Just made my pee look cloudy.. I'm a bit worried. I have a steady boyfriend who I have sex with, and we we don't use condoms but I am on the pill.

I'm wondering if this is an infection that could be sorted out by itself or whether I should phone the GP?

Its just there wasnt much blood at all just a little.. maybe I'm over-reacting?

Rach x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if i were you id make an appointment at your doctors!! im not sure what it could be, but mention about your sex life and not using condoms, as this could be related!! dont worry too much, just get it seen to asap :thumb:
    SBG
    I was reading the Site sex section and it looks like its probably cystitus. I'm kinda busy today but if it hasn't cleared up by tomorrow I'll make an appointment :( Thanks for replying.

T x
    Sorry to say this, but you have to go to your GP about this one. Whether it's a little or a lot, painful or painless...it's always abnormal.

It could be something as simple as a new medication...which can occasionally cause a little blood in the urine (are you taking any medication? prescription or non?), could even be High Blood Pressure. Only your doctor can diagnose it and dismiss the more serious things, such as Urinary Tract infections etc. The sooner you find out, the sooner it's sorted!

Good luck :)
    I'm on the pill but I've been taking that for about 6months and been fine. Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to my mum's work today (she works at a community centre and there is a GP's practice there) and I'll book an appointment :)

Rach x
    could be cystitis, could be a urinary tract infection or a bladder inferction/something wrong with your kidneys.
    guess you'll find out later!
    Yup, Just to let you all know I've made an appointment for tomorrow morning, I'll let you all know how it goes :)
    Nice hun - best getting it sorted, rather than living on 'What-ifs' :)

Good Luck! Xxx
    Lol yeah, its best to get things checked out as soon as

T x:)
    Just got back from the Doctor's..

I tell him about my panic attacks along with the symptoms.. He keeps asking why I feel this.. I say I can't explain.. He says you must be able to explain.

He thinks I don't suffer from panic-attacks and that I'm anemic.. Which brings me onto the next paragraph.

Apparently I'm too pale, I tell him this is my natural colour.. He proceeds to pull my eye-lids back to check if I'm anemic. So I tell him I've already had a blood test this year and it came back negative.

Then he reads through my 'history' and comes out with phrases such as 'Oh you used to self harm' and 'You've been ignoring letters from your psychiatrist.. Which I haven't even received.. yet he refuses to believe me.

Oh and according to him my Cystitus is caused by sex without a condom.. and that I'm very irresposible.. Even though I'm on the pill and am strict about taking it on time.

He's too embarassed to even use the word vagina and refers to it as the 'front passage' that says a lot about him

I have sex on the pill without the condom because I'm in a loving relationship he made me sound like I sleep around.

So yeah, I leave the Doctors practically in tears.. I felt ill when I went to the Doctors.. I feel even worse now. Anyway I've been prescribed antibiotics.. thanks for everyones help.. I wish my GP was as nice as you lot (is changing doctors btw)

Rach x
    Hon, I'm so sorry...don't let anything he said upset you (easily said, I know) he sounds like a complete and utter prick. It's awful to say, because doctors are supposed to be compassionate, responsible people we can trust, but there are some who are so judgemental and pompous they deserve to be strung up. So much for helping you eh.

The thing I find with a lot of doctors (being around them a lot) is that they're baffled when people can't articulate what's wrong with them. I think it's because they have all this medical (and often psychological) knowledge and experience, and sometimes they lose sight of the fact that people coming into the practices and hospitals have no idea what is wrong with them, and are just seeking advice and help. Doesn't excuse it at all, of course, just something I've noticed.

All I can say is that you're wise to be changing doctors, you don't have to put up with being lectured and talked down to. I'm glad you aren't :) I hope you see (and feel) an improvement with the antibiotics, don't let that twat bring you down. Chin up :D *hugs*
    Originally posted by briggi
    Hon, I'm so sorry...don't let anything he said upset you (easily said, I know) he sounds like a complete and utter prick. It's awful to say, because doctors are supposed to be compassionate, responsible people we can trust, but there are some who are so judgemental and pompous they deserve to be strung up. So much for helping you eh.

The thing I find with a lot of doctors (being around them a lot) is that they're baffled when people can't articulate what's wrong with them. I think it's because they have all this medical (and often psychological) knowledge and experience, and sometimes they lose sight of the fact that people coming into the practices and hospitals have no idea what is wrong with them, and are just seeking advice and help. Doesn't excuse it at all, of course, just something I've noticed.

All I can say is that you're wise to be changing doctors, you don't have to put up with being lectured and talked down to. I'm glad you aren't :) I hope you see (and feel) an improvement with the antibiotics, don't let that twat bring you down. Chin up :D *hugs*

Aww thank you, your post made me smile :)

Discussing my panic attacks with a total stranger is very difficult for me to do.. Him dismissing it as me being afraid of heights belittles it.

To be honest the cystitus could well have been caused by having sex without a condom.. But its a very common thing among women and regardless of whether you have sex or not its fairly easy to contract.

And calling me 'irresponsible' is the complete opposite of me I think.. I've been with my partner for a year now, I feel its natural to have sex without condom..and its not like I dont take any precaution.. I am on the pill.. so protected against pregnancy.

I'm changing to a Doctor thats been reccomended by my Mum.. apparently hes young ;)

My dads gone out with my prescription to get my antibiotics so fingers crossed they work :)

*Hugs back*

Rach x
    if i were you i'd get a female doctor, not being sexist or anything but it's easier to talk to them about that sort of thing.
    i know when i had loads of stomach trouble they sent me to a male pedeatrician (was a couple of years ago now!) and it felt so awkward having him prodding my stomach and stuff but i felt fine when it was a lady doctor.

i think its very wise that you are changing doctors though, when i was with my last boyfriend, the doctor i was seeing was a complete cow about sex stuffs and i felt like id rather suffer than go and see her!
    so i changed to the nice shiny new surgery!
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    if i were you i'd get a female doctor, not being sexist or anything but it's easier to talk to them about that sort of thing.
    i know when i had loads of stomach trouble they sent me to a male pedeatrician (was a couple of years ago now!) and it felt so awkward having him prodding my stomach and stuff but i felt fine when it was a lady doctor.

i think its very wise that you are changing doctors though, when i was with my last boyfriend, the doctor i was seeing was a complete cow about sex stuffs and i felt like id rather suffer than go and see her!
    so i changed to the nice shiny new surgery!

There don't seem to be many female doctors where I live.. but I guess I could ask to speak to a Nurse sometimes (is dreading smear test) lol.

The Doctor I went to see is still on a 'Haha I went to Med School' trip..

My mum says the young doctor guy is very understanding and helpful so fingers crossed :)

Rach x
    I don't think it makes much difference whether your doctor is male or female, although some people do feel very strongly about it. My doctor is male and is the most wonderful GP I could ask for..he's really understanding and interested. He also doesn't bite my head off when I come out with my self-diagnosis for the problem I've come to see him about :D My previous doctor hated that, incidentally that was a female. And as paperBprincess said, female doctors can be awful sometimes.

Anyway, it's just the luck of the draw really...there are great doctors and shabby docs of both genders. If you strike lucky first time round then good for you, but it's worth finding a GP you feel really comfortable around, as they're often your first port of call for all kinds of worries, ailments, problems (unless you've got this site of course :lol: )

I'm gonna shut up now :p Glad you're feelin ok about it.
    Originally posted by briggi
    I don't think it makes much difference whether your doctor is male or female, although some people do feel very strongly about it. My doctor is male and is the most wonderful GP I could ask for..he's really understanding and interested. He also doesn't bite my head off when I come out with my self-diagnosis for the problem I've come to see him about :D My previous doctor hated that, incidentally that was a female. And as paperBprincess said, female doctors can be awful sometimes.

Anyway, it's just the luck of the draw really...there are great doctors and shabby docs of both genders. If you strike lucky first time round then good for you, but it's worth finding a GP you feel really comfortable around, as they're often your first port of call for all kinds of worries, ailments, problems (unless you've got this site of course :lol: )

I'm gonna shut up now :p Glad you're feelin ok about it.

Lol.. when I said cystitus the doctor just went along with it.. I didn't even get to pee in a cup :(

Your doc sounds great.. wanna swap? heh

Rach x