Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

VO5-Rework

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How crap is this. I bought it because it was a bogof at boots. And it won the FHM grooming awards. Its crap. THe 99p big pots of gels from you're local pound shop are better!

Comments

• Options
    Re: VO5-Rework
    Originally posted by Godders
    THe 99p big pots of gels from you're local pound shop are better!

And you should never buy any other! What's a brand name when you can have tub of lurid coloured jelly to slap on your heed? It's madness paying more.

Out of interest, did this product smell nice? VO5 things generally seem to :p
  • Options
    You're actually wrong.

The VO5 re-work range is one of the best I've seen, it's better than a lot of stuff you pay £10 for in salons. It takes patience and practice to use it well, and dry hair. If you're trying it out for the first time then it's not going to work. If you're hair is uber-thick (I mean pretty fucking thick) then it might not work as well as it would for someone with finer hair. If you're using it like gel on wet hair, it won't work. If you're putting loads on, it will be too heavy to work. If your hair is long, then you won't be able to get it like you've seen that bloke on the advert. I bet I could do it for you no problems though.

Try sticking a LITTLE bit on wet hair just when you've come out the shower. I mean abit so little that I could actually say don't bother. Then blowdry it and style it at the same time. You'll notice when you turn the blow-dryer off that it just stops there. Now add a bit more and continue to style.

Keep in mind that you actually need some hair for it to work. If you're recovering from a grade-4-back-and-sides council-cut then you'll have to wait a while.

But yes, it does work. Should have picked me a few tubs up.

ETA: Which exact product are you talking about, find a pic and I'll try and be more help.
  • Options
    I paid 89p for my pot of VO5 rework fibre putty and think it's great, works a treat.
  • Options
    putty type products never work well or at all on wet hair.
  • Options
    You say that like it's a downfall, it's merely the way which they have been made. I don't know many people who wet their hair before putting stuff on it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    You say that like it's a downfall, it's merely the way which they have been made. I don't know many people who wet their hair before putting stuff on it.

do u mean me?

i didnt mean that its a bad thing, i meant it in a way that it works well if used on dry hair but it isnt really suitable if u want to wet it first...
  • Options
    You're actually wrong.

The VO5 re-work range is one of the best I've seen, it's better than a lot of stuff you pay £10 for in salons. It takes patience and practice to use it well, and dry hair. If you're trying it out for the first time then it's not going to work. If you're hair is uber-thick (I mean pretty fucking thick) then it might not work as well as it would for someone with finer hair. If you're using it like gel on wet hair, it won't work. If you're putting loads on, it will be too heavy to work. If your hair is long, then you won't be able to get it like you've seen that bloke on the advert. I bet I could do it for you no problems though.

Try sticking a LITTLE bit on wet hair just when you've come out the shower. I mean abit so little that I could actually say don't bother. Then blowdry it and style it at the same time. You'll notice when you turn the blow-dryer off that it just stops there. Now add a bit more and continue to style.

Keep in mind that you actually need some hair for it to work. If you're recovering from a grade-4-back-and-sides council-cut then you'll have to wait a while.

But yes, it does work. Should have picked me a few tubs up.

ETA: Which exact product are you talking about, find a pic and I'll try and be more help.

Thanks. ill try that tomorrow. i put it on pretty damp her i wouldnt call it wet. Ill dry it first and see. Im not a girl so dont wana use a blow dryer.:p
  • Options
    Haha. Wanker. ;p

Let your hair dry out completely. I'm sure it's a little difficult to get to grips with seen as though you're probably used to the 1-inch long haircut styled with 'Out-of-Ned-look' gel. ;p
  • Options
    Haha. Wanker. ;p

Let your hair dry out completely. I'm sure it's a little difficult to get to grips with seen as though you're probably used to the 1-inch long haircut styled with 'Out-of-Ned-look' gel. ;p

yea....:eek2:
  • Options
    I found it to work really well :D better than most i have tried
  • Options
    I find it makes my hair look kind of fluffy unless I get a couple of fingertips of it, rub my hands together and run them under the tap for just a second then work it through my hair. Works great.