Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Please someone say yes...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, it's come down to this.

Here goes...

<sigh>

Anyone like to go out with me?

There, said it.

Comments

• Options
    What are we basing our decision on?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    What are we basing our decision on?

The sympathy vote.

There is someone who would like to go out with you, keep your chin up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The sympathy vote.

That gets my vote every single time. :(
  • Options
    Hello there. I don't know why you think you should have to ask on a website. Seriously I know it can be lonely but yea she is out there just gotta find her. Try not to feel that you can't get a girl who you want. The range of girls here is probably massive and you should go for people you see an think you like.
  • Options
    Think I just need a hug :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Matthew82
    Think I just need a hug :(

hey mate... remember this.. they're more women than men in the world :)
  • Options
    Exactly. There's about 3.5 billion. And I've been out with precisely zero of them. Statistically that is amazing. I must be a mathematical marvel!
  • Options
    Exactly. There's about 3.5 billion. And I've been out with precisely zero of them. Statistically that is amazing. I must be a mathematical marvel!

and... where you from mate, look.. someone will come along, it isn't the amount of people you have.. it's the quaility, it's better to have non, than to have tons. trust me.. I know..
  • Options
    Hmmm, possibly. You in the same situation?

Nice taste in music there though.
  • Options
    Hmmm, possibly. You in the same situation?

Nice taste in music there though.

Who's that aimed at me?

if so, no my situation is diffrent
  • Options
  • Options
    Thing I find is, you look to hard you won't suceed, you stop...take a breathe, calm down and take it easy, stop panicing about being single you will bound to find someone,
  • Options
    Oh, sorry, my mistake
  • Options
    I'm in the same situation mate. Every attempt with a girl I've made has been useless. If anything, it's made my relationship with them worse. Personally, I just really don't care anymore. Sure, I'm jealous of everyone in a relationship, but there's no real reason to care all that much.

You'll get it someday, just don't focus on it all that often. That never leads anywhere nice.
  • Options
    Ok mate... I've just accepted this myself.. and well.. maybe it could help,

I feel so lonely sometimes that the thought of being with anyone would make me happy... so I try to find someone.. anyone.. yes.. i am sad.. now the gf's i have had.. hadn't worked out.... because we didn't suited.. because I was going for anyone.. don't get me wrong.. there are a few I like..... a few got on... and one.. one I even loved.. but.. don't turned into me.. don't go looking for anyone person.. the first female.. hang in there.. your find someone..
  • Options
    I beleive there is a special someone for everyone out there.
  • Options
    I know how you feel mate but sorry i cant end your pain.

Just keep msiling :)
  • Options
    Cheer up dude! I'm single and it gets me down sometimes especially when I see couples holding hands and smooching but then I see couples arguing and I think "thank god I'm single. I'm happy riding my bike 'cos it doesn't give me grief like that!" :) Get yourself out and about and you'll find someone soon. Good luck with the hunt...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Koenigsegg
    Cheer up dude! I'm single and it gets me down sometimes especially when I see couples holding hands and smooching but then I see couples arguing and I think "thank god I'm single. I'm happy riding my bike 'cos it doesn't give me grief like that!" :) Get yourself out and about and you'll find someone soon. Good luck with the hunt...

Didn't it work out with the girl you were dating then? What went wrong?!
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    I don't. I think that there are many possibles, and that you make one of them "The One" out of choice.

Henceforth you become obsessed with them even if they don't like you, but you try and talk to them as much as you can. You try to be around them, but you just keep on getting rejected. Finally they end up with someone else and you end up in misery.

Your theory makes more sense, I believe, having come from that exact same situation I just described myself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by junker
    Henceforth you become obsessed with them even if they don't like you, but you try and talk to them as much as you can. You try to be around them, but you just keep on getting rejected. Finally they end up with someone else and you end up in misery.

You effectively just described me.

Now i feel sad :( No make that Sad, and feel Bad :(

Im a nice guy really.
  • Options
    I reckon if you see having a relationship as the be all and end all, then it almost always ends in tears.

You'll become too dependent on them, you need to be able to be happy whether you're in a relationship or not. If and when it all goes to pot, you'll feel even more wanky than you do now.

Not saying there aren't people who've had their lives turned upside down by that special someone, course there are, but if you obsess over the dream of being wanted, loved, then it can fuck you and any relationship you might have right up.

Like, are there other areas of your life you could develop more, to make yourself happier?

Me, I couldn't care less about women or relationships justnow. I need to love myself, I don't need anybody else to come and fuck that up at the minute.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I reckon if you see having a relationship as the be all and end all, then it almost always ends in tears.

You'll become too dependent on them, you need to be able to be happy whether you're in a relationship or not. If and when it all goes to pot, you'll feel even more wanky than you do now.

Not saying there aren't people who've had their lives turned upside down by that special someone, course there are, but if you obsess over the dream of being wanted, loved, then it can fuck you and any relationship you might have right up.

Like, are there other areas of your life you could develop more, to make yourself happier?

That's so dead on. Wish I'd said that :mad:

There's nowt wrong with you, just the attitude you're approaching love and relationships with. Everything said previously is so true, you just need to be yourself, relax and stop actively looking for "the one" (if they indeed exist). To quote alcohol (well kind of), Good things come to those who...wait. It's true :)
  • Options
    i'd love to have a relationship so i could experience what i'm missing out on (true story i've never had a g/f) but like other people are saying its not the only thing i want, i'm happy enough being single and doing things on my own
  • Options
    i dont think internet relationships work
  • Options
    Think Bri's right on this one. Relationships are not the end of life as we know it. Fair do's they make life more interesting but it's a sad day when we can't cope with life because we're not with someone.
    Although saying that when things get lonely/down in the dumps it is nice to have someone there.
    I will say this though, women can smell desperation a mile off so at all costs avoid coming across that way or you've shot yourself in the foot.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    I think the problem is the "never had, probably never fucking will" feeling. A feeling of being horrendously unattractive (probably not true, but people feel it anyway).
    Complete lack of confidence.

Not necessarily needing a relationship to be alive/the be all and end all, so to speak...but wondering why everyone else can and said person cannot.
    Talk about hitting the nail on the spot!
  • Options
    I'm guessing that the two main issues here are a lack of confidence and a lack of a relationship.

I reckon confidence is the key in more ways than one. If you're a confident enough person, you've no reason to keep beleiving that you'll always be single. Also, confidence on it's own would make being single a lot more fun and you might not feel so down about the fact that you haven't met anyone - you'd certainly be happier with yourself which is probably the most important thing.

Sometimes a relationship just comes along from out of the blue - sounds wanky and patronising but it's not meant to be. Or, if you concentrate on building up confidence (Google it, or even steal some confidence building MP3s of Kaaza), then that can help too.

Final bit of advice - get out and about and enjoy yourself, you've a hell of a better chance of meeting somebody if you're out than if you stay in feeling bad about things.
  • Options
    Originally posted by freak
    i dont think internet relationships work

Not those that are soley on the internet - you can't have a romantic relationship with someone you've never met!

However, I know of at least five couples who've met through the internet and are still together.