Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why hate the Jews?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    No you haven't. You've simply removed liberty.
    What people don't get is that religion is one way to gain spirituality of some sense.
    That leaders over time has turned it into a political tool is another matter.
    i'm all for spirituality and a searching for and even a knowing of god but ... since when did religions realy teach any truths?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i'm all for spirituality and a searching for and even a knowing of god but ... since when did religions realy teach any truths?

It has been the answer for many.
    And Biblical scriptures have laid the ground for ethics and morals of todays society.

If people lead a calmer and sane life with help from religion and the guidelines it gives, then I am all for it. Extremists and politicians are a negative side-effect. They're not the core, and shouldn't be treated as the core of religion either.
  • Options
    blah, :eek2: People hate people, it has nothing to do with who you are. People in this world is blined by thier own reality.
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    I call my sister a Jew all the time, but I'm only joking, and I'd be surprised if I called a Jewish person a "fucking Jew!" in a joke sense and they were offended. My sister calls me a "homo", "puff", "fag", "queer" or "gay" all the time, usually with the "F" word beforehand, but I don't take it offensively, so why should Jewish people?

Shut up you poof.
  • Options
    No you haven't. You've simply removed liberty.
    What people don't get is that religion is one way to gain spirituality of some sense.
    That leaders over time has turned it into a political tool is another matter.

I agree completely. There's nothing wrong with religion, it's simply how religion has been corrupted by the affluent and powerful (as with a few things). To be honest I sympathise with people from any religion who get abuse for their personal beliefs... I don't know a great deal about Judaism but I used to know a nice Jewish lady. To be honest because I'm unaware of discrimination against them... say for example a film reference that they may find offensive, well I may miss the joke.

But if Muslims are made fun of it's seen as really bad.

I've seen poor portrayals of Pagans (even recently on TV), but nobody bats an eyelid for us... then again saying that, most of us find anti-Pagan films like Wickerman entertaining :)

Perhaps people should lighten up a little and look at what we have in common, rather than segregate ourselves.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I just wish there was no religion and people weren't running of in all directions paranoid for their own safety and well being, life would be so much better and words would flow a great deal easier making life itself religion as opposed to the words in a book.

Aye but without Christmas the capitalist economy would be dented. I'm all for religion as, whilst you get people fighting over it some times it gives the world a little order (in my opinion) and even if we didn't have it, people would still be killing each other over land, money or skin colour.

It's human nature to be violent, to want to wipe out anyhing different and to pass on their genes.
  • Options
    y the jews wer persecuted

the romans persecuted the jews because at that time ther was no understanding of other religions, every race on the earth believed that their god/gods wer 'THE' gods of the world. when they encountered other religions they believed them to be evil and wrong, so they made a point of killing those who did not bow to their religion. the romans did this all over their empire, mainly to cement their own gods and beliefs but also to keep control. by regulating religion, this made the occupied countries more uniformed and easier to control.

in the case of the nazis, hitler attacked them from his nationalist viewpoint to gain acceptance and support from the vastly unemployed german population. basically, he interpreted jewish scriptures to make the germans believ that the jews wer out to get everything they cud, and rob any other religion blind-he used this to pass the blame of germanys decent into poverty onto the jews. to the german peopl, this wasnt completely untrue, since many jewish businessmen in germany who owned property wer makin billions of reichmarks(even tho the value of the currency had dropped to mere fractions of a penny, to cope with the reparations demanded by the treaty of versaille-if u dnt know wat this is wake up n read a history book). this meant that basically, millions of poor germans striving to live on a pittance with many rich jews running their lives. the basic precedant of being nationalistic is that you want your country free of foreigners, and to be strong and run by domestic peoples-this made the jews an easy target for hitler...and from ther the attrocities wer the result of hitler's personal hatred for jews and as a result of the anti-semitism accepted by the german peopl, beginning with 'krystall nacht' and then moving onto labour camps and gas chambers
  • Options
    the romans persecuted the jews because at that time ther was no understanding of other religions, every race on the earth believed that their god/gods wer 'THE' gods of the world. when they encountered other religions they believed them to be evil and wrong, so they made a point of killing those who did not bow to their religion. the romans did this all over their empire, mainly to cement their own gods and beliefs but also to keep control. by regulating religion, this made the occupied countries more uniformed and easier to control.

The Romans also fed some of their animals a healthy diet of Christian meat. But I'm more of a believer that early settlers weren't just going over & slaughtering anybody who didn't convert. I'll use the example of Christianity....

It has been alleged that carvings of the Green Man have been found in very early churches (the Green man being a Pagan deity), note also the shift from the solar wheel/solar cross to the Celtic cross, to what is known as to be the modern cross associated with Christianity. So I'd say that religions originally borrowed from each other... rather than went around slaughtering each other. However, once the powerful get hold of something like religion..... KABOOM
  • Options
    I can't be arsed reading the whole thread, so I'll add my £0.02 here and hope it hasn't been said before.

People hate the Jews because the Jews always do well for themselves.
  • Options
    all i was saying is there are other reasons for jewish persecution, and im glad for mentioning the christians, thats very true.that reason was a lack of religious understanding in many parts of the world, and that some peopl wer killd becaus of ther beliefs, and not only jews. what annoys me most is the fact that nazi exterminated 6 million jews, which always gets mentioned, but no-one mentions the 5 million blacks/invalids/criminals etc that he exterminated in the same camps. i no that its spread out amongst various ethnic groups, but thats only because they wer in the minority of german jews and others. im sure if ther wer 6 million black peopl or 6 million disabled peopl, they would hav received the same death toll.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kingging
    all i was saying is there are other reasons for jewish persecution, and im glad for mentioning the christians, thats very true.that reason was a lack of religious understanding in many parts of the world, and that some peopl wer killd becaus of ther beliefs, and not only jews. what annoys me most is the fact that nazi exterminated 6 million jews, which always gets mentioned, but no-one mentions the 5 million blacks/invalids/criminals etc that he exterminated in the same camps. i no that its spread out amongst various ethnic groups, but thats only because they wer in the minority of german jews and others. im sure if ther wer 6 million black peopl or 6 million disabled peopl, they would hav received the same death toll.

I agree with you there.
    Wasn't Jesus Jewish? If christians hate jews then they are automaticaly hating the very foundations of christianity and indeed the very icon of their faith.

As far as I believe (and I'd assume other Christians would too) Jesus didn't teach Judaism as such, but what he taught it what is Christianity. That probably doesn't make sense but like the Jewish leaders around JC didn't like/agree with what he was teaching as it wasn't the same as the Jewish teachings.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    I don't mind Jews as I used to know one...

:D It's great to be back...
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Brilliant! Jesus didn't die to make people rich I'm sure of that.
    If Christamas is more about the capitalist economy then fuck christmas.

Well I've heard it said... stop religion. Maybe then we should stop religious holidays. Reguardless of the religious connotations to the celebration... how many people actually go to church on Christmas day?

For a lot of people it simply seems an excuse to get pissed and eat.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid

As far as I believe (and I'd assume other Christians would too) Jesus didn't teach Judaism as such, but what he taught it what is Christianity. That probably doesn't make sense but like the Jewish leaders around JC didn't like/agree with what he was teaching as it wasn't the same as the Jewish teachings.

Jesus was semitic, so he was Jewish by race (or arab, lol) but not religion.
  • Options
    but its a cultural holiday to spend time with family these days
  • Options
    Originally posted by minimi38
    Jesus was semitic, so he was Jewish by race (or arab, lol) but not religion.

Jesus was Jewish.
    He is regarded as a believing Jew, not more than that. What he preached was Judaism with some differences from the traditional Judaism at the time.
    Though it was only his followers who made him to what he is today, and created christianity.
  • Options
    If jews believe the messiah or prophet or whatever i still yet to come, and christians and Jesus believe Jesus was this prophet then how can jesus be Jewish by religion as this is incompatable?
  • Options
    Person x is christian... He preaches christianity as he sees it.
    He has a lot of followers and after his death they continue his way of being and make a big name of him. This becomes religion y.

Now, trade x with Jesus, Christianity with Judaism, and y with Chritianity.
  • Options
    I was sort on understanding things and then you had to bring maths and equations into it. :(

:p;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Person x is christian...

I thought Malcolm was a Muslim :confused::p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I was sort on understanding things and then you had to bring maths and equations into it. :(

:p;)

Can't hide it. I have what one would call a mathematical/scientific base of education :p
  • Options
    The jews are semitic, so are in fact a recognisable race. Taking this into account, they've been seen throughout history as forming a third column in various countries they've settled in, forming their own tightly-knit communities and aquiring proportionately more control and wealth than the indigenous people. Much of international finance is, and has been, controlled by jews.

They also played a big part in C20th Communism.
  • Options
    so theyre money grabbing communists :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    so theyre money grabbing communists :confused:

The truth is probably stranger than fiction.
  • Options
    pile of crap really

and why is this thread continuing

we summed it up earlier
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    pile of crap really

and why is this thread continuing

we summed it up earlier

Dismiss it all you want pal, if you honestly believe international finance is not and has not been disproportionately controlled/influenced by jews then you need to do more than a bit of research ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    Dismiss it all you want pal, if you honestly believe international finance is not and has not been disproportionately controlled/influenced by jews then you need to do more than a bit of research ;)

I thought the Catholic chruch controlled a lot of finances?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    I thought the Catholic chruch controlled a lot of finances?

They certainly have had their fair share of land & property, but never the same grip on finance as their Judaic cousins.
  • Options
    Ok here's how i see it:
    • History: historically as has been said the Christians hate the Jew for Crucifying Jesus. Muslims don't like them either as they were supposed to have tried killing the Muslim prophet Mohammed...and they had countless wars against eachtother.
    • Upbringing: believe it or not i have been brought up by a Roman Catholic mother and Muslim father who both claim to not be racist or prejudice however they both hate the Jews, don't ask me why but i think that has a huge impact on how people grow up to feel and think.
    • Jealousy: As has been said the Jews are some of the richest people, look at the Wall Street in NY most of it is run by Jews. And, people with money and power always get what they want...which most Muslims think is the reason why America gets so involved with the Isreal thing.
    • Lack of understanding: understanding someone's religion helps you to get to know someone on a different level. if you get inside their head with their spiritual beliefs then you can come to a point where you can accept both yours and theirs and put both of them aside, but people dont want to explore the unknown. I'm not a practising Muslim but i stand by my beliefs, i was once highly anti-semitic...i didnt even really want to admit they existed at one point until i decided to do some reading and find out about them. At which point i became more open minded.

oh and just one more thing, this doesn't really have much to do with the topic or anything but just someone mentioned the Messiah hasnt come down to Earth or whatever.

In Muslim belief Jesus wasn't crusified, instead it was the Christian traitor told the Jews where to find Jesus who was then removed from Earth and into heaven. The Muslims believe that he is the Messiah and will come back to Earth. - perhaps thats the incompatible part sorted?

and please dont shout at me for what ive said...
  • Options
    Ok

Theres a lot to say but i'll try an get in as many thoughts of mine as i can, lol.

First as of all, as a former Jew (well kind of a born jew, don't believe in g-d anymore, :) ) through my whole little fifteen years of life i have always seen Anti-Semitism, but i have always seen Racism, Bullying, Death and the whole circle of life around me.

As I'm not a very religious Jew that only goes synagogue about three times a year and goes to a mixed school and always have done i can't be accused of not seeing the realness of the world around me, unlike other Jewish people that i could mention, the ones that go to Jewish schools that don't even learn about other forms of religion or culture which i think is IDIOTIC and annoying, but anyways. I used to go to hebrew classes were i was constantly frowned apon because i wasn't how the teachers wanted me to be, i mean at first it was only the little things but as i got older the teachers would always ask which secondary school i went to and when my friends would say some jewish school and i would say a mixed school they would be like ''oh yeah that schools so big and great'' to my friends but in fact my school was the biggest and also was higher up in the education board.
    (sorry for the story of my life!) Lol but i found myself hating jewish people for a while because they always looked down at me but now i just see it as 'we are all in it together', lol.

But neways, I'm also a strong believer that Jesus died a Jew and thats how the story goes. The old testament is the only testament in my eyes. How can you suddenly make a 'new' one, its like taking Harry Potter changing the storyline in places, adding different characters and saying this is History- Believe it.

I mean i dont know everything about what i talk about or the real truth but who does? History is like a story, it has two sides to it, but we can't say what we say is right about our religion because the only people who know it are dead. For all we know the bible could be someones book that they wrote as an aim to f*** up Humanity, and if that was their aim- WELL DONE they did it.

But as i read about that boy calling his sister a 'f***** jew' or something, you're an idiot, as another person stated its alright to call someone else something if you are it yourself, but if you call something something that you're not, you blatently have a problem with jews. And if you think you dont then you've grown up in a world of an anti-semitic environment and you're as much of a man than the men Hitler Youth.

And i actually am starting to believe in all this zionism s***- The arabs have plenty of arab states to go to an i'm sure they'd be welcome. We don't have any home state anymore and if we do, we're dying in it. So dont complain about the rich Jews in New York, we're humans we gotta live sumwer, an if we live sumwer it aint our fault if we damn successful.

And Prince Harry is the biggest idiot in the world, fair enuf hes a young 'lad' but in my opinion he can go walk away an never come bak fo all i care, hes jus anuva common english geeza, anova ginger, Hes no f'in Prince and The Queen can go round invitin all her fellow holocaust survivor friends to tea but she'll never be a jew so she has no excuse.

Read the Jewish news recently?
    Theres Mps and people like Ken Livingstone talkin about biggin up these Palestines who think crap like victims of the Tsunami deserved what happened to them and theres french boiz goin to auschwitz laughin an seyin stuff lke ''they did a good job bombing them'' or something like that. NO respect for humanity i tell ya- No respect. Lol..

Safe