Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Songs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are there any songs that mean a lot to you and your patner, are significant to your relationship for some reason? A song that you hear on the radio and your partner/ex/situation in a relationship immediately springs to mind?

Every time I hear Crowded House's Weather With You I can't help thinking of my ex - we drove down to Brighton with a supposed mix-tape he'd made on cassette, but his CD player had been on repeat and he'd fallen asleep while it recorded, so there were three songs at the beginning and the rest of the tape was just Weather With You! I found it so funny I made him play it all the way there!

What are yours and why are they significant?

Comments

• Options
    Previous ex...lots of random ones, ex before-Yellow Submarine...cause I hated it....and he liked to play me up!! :rolleyes: ex before, shaggy "Luv me Luv me" - everytime we were anywhere together, it lways seemed to be playing!
  • Options
    Me and my boy don't have a song. I think I would get embarrased saying to him "oh, lets have that as our song". Hmmm.
  • Options
    electric 6 - gay bar, bcos it was playing the first time we slept 2geva+we couldnt stop laughin at it :D
    also, bad religion - going for a walk. we always used to listen to that on our way out b4 we got 2geva+he'd always sing it to me+walk his hand over my body :naughty: he he he
    I dunno if he knows i think of these songs as 'our' songs, but i do :)
    SBG
  • Options
    Teenage Kicks will forever remind me of a boyfriend I had who is the singer in a local band...he used to open every night with that song and it's just interwoven with every memory I have of him. Pretty crap actually, because as much as I love the song, that twat ruined it for me.

Mr Jones by Counting Crows reminds me of when I first started going out with my current boyfriend, it gives me the "warm and fuzzies" (in the most innocent sense!) cos it brings back such happy memories. However, it's in no way "our song" and I'd never tell him that I connect it with "us"...he'd probably laugh me off the face of the earth! :lol: Married with Children also reminds me of him, and us, which is not the greatest thing ever, heh.

Only boyfriend I had a special song with was my first, and it's suitably cringeworthy, being Crazy for You by Let Loose. Although I'll try and excuse myself by saying that we both liked it for football-related reasons (strange I know!) and then it became "our song". Pathetic eh :D:p
  • Options
    Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns n Roses. Every time they play it at the bar I go to every week I run to my boyfriend and we dance to it, he's nicknamed me his sweet child hehe.

And My Immortal reminds me of how I felt when m ex dumped me, it's a really sad, depressing song. :(
  • Options
    growing on me by the darkness - reminds me and my closest girl mate who i love to bits, who taken, of our cheesiness a yr or so ago
  • Options
    i think the most accurate one for my....situation is, as previously mentioned "1000 times goodbye" by megadeth, the lyrics are powerful...to me anyway
  • Options
    Time of my life from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack was the first time we slow danced at a disco. Sweet Child O' Mine and Feel it boy by Beenie Man and Janet were songs he used to play at our local in the many months before I accepted his incessant proposals.
  • Options
    I don't think we really have a song, just the way it is. Date Rape by Sublime has happy memories of her beating me up though :lol:
  • Options
    My ex used to sing bits of Barry White ' Just The Way You Are' if I nagged him enough to!

:(
  • Options
    I've never had any songs for me and my boyfriends. Wish I did have though. When I break up with ex's I tend to listen to Hoobastank - the reason and Breed 77 - the river though.
  • Options
    He wasn't ever my boyfriend but one of my good guy friends that I had a falling out with, we had a couple songs... one that I can remember off the top of my head is-

Yellowcard- My Only One (it's such a good song)
  • Options
    we don't have a song, cause that's the tackiest thing ever, but ash - lost in you always makes me think of him.

because when we were first together, but 120 miles apart, we used to make each other minidiscs to listen to on the journey. he had a thing for ash, i thought this song was relevant, and now whenever i hear it i am reminded of him, of national express, and of east midlands airport. how romantic.