Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post a picture of yourself: Let's put a face to your screen name

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I like the idea of putting a face to a name. Although I typically edit out my pictures a bit before posting them on the net, I guess I'll start out by putting my mug up here first.

Anyone else want to post a picture of them selves from their profile or from their website, etc?

My mother and myself in Boston, Massachusetts in the United States.

ChristianEdit1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Me on the beach in Texas.

padre4Edit.jpg
  • Options
    here's a link to another site where I posted some pictures

see posts by "TrQ "veteran supporter" on page 21:

http://forums.military.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=78919038&f=409192893&m=198104131&p=21
  • Options
    I think you've seen the "new faces" thread now.
  • Options
    Tink

Yep, I did see it. From that thread, it appears the posters/audience of this site is on the young side (20-somethings or even mid to late teens). On the debate and politics threads, which is where I tend to hang out, there is a broader mix of age groups.

Good to see a site geared towards young adults and teens, however.
  • Options
    Re: Tink
    Originally posted by USA#1-TrQ
    Yep, I did see it. From that thread, it appears the posters/audience of this site is on the young side (20-somethings or even mid to late teens). On the debate and politics threads, which is where I tend to hang out, there is a broader mix of age groups.

Good to see a site geared towards young adults and teens, however.

so how old are you then :p
  • Options
    Its very rude to ask a womans age.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Its very rude to ask a womans age.

come on... ya all know my old Screen name lol...

sorry person who posted thread with confusing user name for asking you age:(
  • Options
    Tut tut, you shouldnt ask.

Kids these days, no wonder the whole country is going to the dogs.
  • Options
    I'm older than the hills Sonny Boy...hehehehehe!

Thanks to you all for being polite, but no need for it, actually....

It does not bother me to tell my age. I actually think women who try to hide their ages are acting rather silly. We should all be proud of who we are, instead of acting like somebody else with all the silliness with chest implants and face lifts for women :rolleyes: and "peck" implants for men as well. In my opinion, that is part of the problem with American society, and I'm willing to bet it is a problem in other societies as well. Not accepting who we are.

I'm 33 years old. :D;)

Given my real age, I have to say that about the most insane thing that happened to me (last year) was that a woman at a tourist attraction thought I was TWELVE YEARS of age, and was about to give me a child's rate, until I walked up to her and started speaking. Geez! :rolleyes: But once I opened my mouth, I realized that I had screwed up since I would have paid a lot less money to see the Butterfly House if I would have just played along and not started talking. :(:D
  • Options
    Re: I'm older than the hills Sonny Boy...hehehehehe!
    Thanks to you all for being polite, but no need for it, actually....

It does not bother me to tell my age. I actually think women who try to hide their ages are acting rather silly. We should all be proud of who we are, instead of acting like somebody else with all the silliness with chest implants and face lifts for women :rolleyes: and "peck" implants for men as well. In my opinion, that is part of the problem with American society, and I'm willing to bet it is a problem in other societies as well. Not accepting who we are.

I'm 33 years old. :D;)

Ooo hello :wave:
  • Options
    Hello Hellfire. Thanks for the welcome. :D
  • Options
    Hello Hellfire. Thanks for the welcome. :D

no problem :) how are ya:)
  • Options
    You shouldnt encourage him, now he's asked and you've told him then he will think its fine to ask all the time.

General politness is important, its what glue's society together, and these young louts should be taught how to behave.
  • Options
    I'm fine. Although I'm a Texan, and not a Bostonian, my recent trip to Boston might suggest that I greet you in the "native" dialect by asking you, "How ahh Ya?".

In Boston, they drop their "R's" and don't pronounce them, so that the word "Park" becomes "Pock" and "Car" becomes "Caah".

:D
  • Options
    I'm fine. Although I'm a Texan, and not a Bostonian, my recent trip to Boston might suggest that I greet you in the "native" dialect by asking you, "How ahh Ya?".

In Boston, they drop their "R's" and don't pronounce them, so that the word "Park" becomes "Pock" and "Car" becomes "Caah".

lol.. you remind me of cheers, I loved that tv show :D
  • Options
    i love how you've painted in your own swishy sunglasses :p
    what are they? Chanel?
  • Options
    bongbudda

I'm ok with being asked my age. To me, it is no big deal.

I'm sure he realizes that it is the kind of question that some women get offended over....so I'm assuming that he'll use discretion when asking it to others. No biggey for me personally. But I would not ask a person (male or female) their age, just in case they were to get bent out of shape. So, no, it is not a question that I'd typically ask a stranger. But on the other hand, I think it is silly to get bent out of shape over such a thing, but it is rather hard to fight society and what it teaches us (for example, that we have to stay 16 forever, or at least pretend to be).

:)

People should just be themselves, and forget the rest....
  • Options
    Chanel? Not a chance. ;) More along the lines of dime store shades in order to keep a sense of Cloak and Dagger Mystery (just joking). The real reason is related to exposing myself to unsavory people who like to cruise the internet (some personal things come into play here, which I won't go into). But hey, if Chanel comes calling, all the better. Yeah right! :rolleyes: ;)

Hellfire, yes, actually the Cheers bar is in Boston, as you probably know. It was the inspiration for the sitcom. I don't think I took a snapshot of it however, but if I happen across it, I'll post it later.
  • Options
    Chanel? Not a chance. ;) More along the lines of dime store shades in order to keep a sense of Cloak and Dagger Mystery (just joking). The real reason is related to exposing myself to unsavory people who like to cruise the internet (some personal things come into play here, which I won't go into). But hey, if Chanel comes calling, all the better. Yeah right! :rolleyes: ;)

Hellfire, yes, actually the Cheers bar is in Boston, as you probably know. It was the inspiration for the sitcom. I don't think I took a snapshot of it, but if I happen across it, I'll post it later.

Aww i know, it was a wicked program :)
  • Options
    Lexxie, you are a pretty girl. You could be in the fashion industry. However, be careful, there are a lot of vultures out there who prey on young women and try to feed them grass and starve them to death and make them unhealthy skeletons. NOT a good thing! :mad:

But still, very attractive girl. :)
  • Options
    well looking at your pics you don't look to bad yourself:naughty:
  • Options
    hellfire, thanks. But I think I'm probably a bit like beef jerky, that is, a little too seasoned for the younger people around these parts. Or maybe just stubborn. You know the old saying about teaching old dogs new tricks....:D
  • Options
    Lexxie, you are a pretty girl. You could be in the fashion industry. However, be careful, there are a lot of vultures out there who prey on young women and try to feed them grass and starve them to death and make them unhealthy skeletons. NOT a good thing! :mad:

But still, very attractive girl. :)

I hate the word 'random', as it is used excessively. But that was quite random. Haha. Thank you though! That was a kind thing to say. :]
  • Options
    hellfire, thanks. But I think I'm probably a bit like beef jerky, that is, a little too seasoned for the younger people around these parts. Or maybe just stubborn. You know the old saying about teaching old dogs new tricks....:D

aww your not past it yet lol..:)
  • Options

:lol: That's exactly how my aunt talks. She's from Boston.also Italian. Italian temper and a boston attitude.....great entertainment :yes: :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    aww your not past it yet lol..:)
    LOL, thats hellfires idea of a compliment.

Anyway, welcome to the boards USA#1-TrQ.
    what a catchy name :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    LOL, thats hellfires idea of a compliment.

meanie :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    meanie :(

It may be mean, but it is also extremely true :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    It may be mean, but it is also extremely true :p

your just meaner kate:(
  • Options
    Hey, I like the grass! But to keep from starving, I eat the dirt too.

:eek2:

I just realized how disgusting it would be to eat something like a handful of grass and dirt. :rolleyes: