Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pooo!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heya everybody,
I recently posted up saying that I liked a guy, and he was close at a fest and that I wanted to tell him my liking of him..cause he seemed keen! And you all said "Go for it, tell him"...well I was gonna tell him to his face, but haven't seen him for a while and I text him to say I'd like to speak to him about something and wondering when I might see him next. He got really worried, thinking some bloke had hurt me or something and came over all protective, so I reassured him nothing bad. He came on msn later on in the evening, I reassured him again and said I might seem a little nervous but not to worry...he end the convo with "Wtf?! Whatever....wierdo....im off"...which offended me because, christ it's not like I was being rude or anything, just honest!!

So...I woke at 1am, with a text from him saying he wanted an answer and to text him,but it was sort of playful...the next text saying that I just had to tell him what was wrong, again quite playful. So I just told him, honestly. He replied saying he should of guessed, that I didn't know him and would feel different if I did, that I haven't seen him in a while so where did this come from, and mentioned he was close at the fest but i wasn't interested then (only reason for disinterest because he was tipsy and would have probably regretted it!). The last text said that if I felt alcohol was bad for this situation, then we shouldn't talk of it anymore because he is very pissed, that he liked me for who i was but "where that leads if anywhere i don't know"....so I felt shitty last night...because well, Imust have read the signs wrong!!
My friends and his were very enthusiastic, saying he'd be mad not to interested and they all felt he was...so now I feel like a numpty.

I'm going to a party tomorrow night, and he's gonna be there. Do I say anything about it to him? Or do I just get plastered and go with the flow. I can't help thinking that if I didn't say anything, then tomorrow night I might be able to see how things unfold, but that now he's gonna be reluctant to speak or go near me. I thought we were becoming good friends,but it seems hefeels we don't know anything of each other so...I dunno...I feel sorta saddened and stupid thinking that I was reading signs correctly and that we were becoming quite good friends, as we've had a lot of good, deep chats- found out a lot about each other, and before now there has been compliments and daftness...I dunno. I'm also on inkling of anger because...I feel a bit mislead!! I don't know, what do you guys things I should do?!!! :(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, you told him, and that's good. Pity his reaction wasn't too encouraging. As you're seeing him again, socially, then go with the flow to begin with, but mention it. Somehow bring up the topic, and if it's a no this time, then that's it. All you can do is console yourself that at least you know for sure, and that at least it won't leave you wondering "what if".
    I think you should've at least called him, rather than text him. But it's done now, and at least he has an idea that you do like him.
    Good luck for when you see him next! *crosses fingers*