Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Thrills.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I read in some other posts that some people don't like them (Kermit ;p) and they were described quite badly (spunk tissued kleenex, Kermit? ;p) - But, does anyone like them? Anyone 'cept me? For all of those interested you can go to their website as they're one of the few bands who have full music videos of their songs.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I quite like some of what I have heard. Santa Cruz for example I quite like.
  • Options
    Go listen to "Big Sur" and "Don't Steal our Sun" on the website, unless you have cheap nasty Internet. ;p
  • Options
    They are ok. The songs kind of wash over you and you don't realise that they are there, not offensive though.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I must admit I do like the Thrills. Big Sur is excellent.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_ha
    They are ok. The songs kind of wash over you and you don't realise that they are there, not offensive though.

Ditto. I have the mp3 of Big Sur. Before you notice, it's finished. I hear they are excellent live though.
  • Options
    I saw them live last October, I wasn't particularly interested in their music but we ended up going and I was really impressed. Don't know how well their music would translate stadiums or bigger gigs, but they sounded fantastic.

I love Santa Cruz and of course Big Sur, fab song :D
  • Options
    I loved Big sur and Santa cruz but I haven't really heard many of their songs.
    :)
  • Options
    They'd be good if it weren't for the vocalist. He fucking sucks.
  • Options
    He does sound a little like a fairy now you mention it. Still, it's not a bad voice. Bet they'd be ok live too. I'll find out at V.
  • Options
    i have the so much for the city album - i like it, but its a bit samey