Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Opinions?...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
One of my best mates adores this girl. He was with her at the start of this year but it didn't work. The girl he adores likes me. This would have been great but when he decided he wanted her again he was unaware that she liked me, as neither of us mentioned it to him because he didn't need to know.

I know that I should leave her because it's one of my best mates, but it's all abit too tempting, tempting enough to post this for advice at least. I know that he should appreciate what she wants, but he's too obsessed with her and I don't want him to have to deal with it.

Just bored and any thoughts welcome. I don't make a habbit of starting threads here.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ive been in this situation and 2 b honest if u wait around she will prolly find some1 else.

Its not your fault that she likes you and not her friend, so even though he would probably be angry he couldnt for long as theres no basis for him to be angry on.

Either way he needs to get over the obsession with her anyway, seeing as she isnt interested in him.
    go for it. he'll understand. as long as you sit him down and let him know beforehand. let him deal with his issues, its not your problem. and if you do get together with her, dont flaunt it in his face too soon (not that you would, but im just saying).
    IF you like her talk to him and see what happens, but if she's just something that might just be a bit of fun then leave alone. Girls come and go.
    I don't know. I could like her. I'd like to find out I guess. I don't think telling him would be a good idea. There's just some things that you don't do to you mates and to us, this is one of them; why this is one of them is somewhat beyond my comprehension.
    Yeah have to agree with Kermit. If you genuinely like her, based on more than the fact that she likes you, then speak to your friend and it may be worth giving a relationship with her a chance.

If it's just that you're interested cos she is (and that's totally normal, I'm sure anyone would agree) I would steer well clear mate. It's not worth risking the friendship with one of your best mates for something that you wouldn't even have thought of had she not expressed an interest in you.

What I'm trying to say (very inarticulately) is: tread carefully. If you think it's worth it, then broach the subject with your mate, sensitively. If it's a whim, as people have already said, she'll become interested in someone else soon enough...and you'll still have your mate.

Good luck :)
    Originally posted by Capacity
    I don't know. I could like her. I'd like to find out I guess.

That's probably not worth sabotaging a friendship for. Girls come and go, she won't be the last to have an interest.

It all depends if you'll regret not trying it, and blame your mate for it.
    Ok, thanks for the replies. I'll give it some more thought, but I think the likely outcome will be me giving it a go with her. I just don't think I can sit around and wonder what it would have been like if I were to decide not to do anything about it. But I'll consider it a lot.

Thanks again.
    Originally posted by Capacity
    I'll give it some more thought, but I think the likely outcome will be me giving it a go with her.

long as he is told by you and not another mate....that would end up in a right mess.
    the same thing happened to me, though i was in the shoes of your mate, and i was quite suprised to find myself going "yeah sure i dont mind at all" it sortve broke the spell of my no hope situaton.
    your just a shit mate, simple as
    Originally posted by russ2001ukH

You annoy me. Fuck off and die.
    Easy people
    You could like her?

I wouldn't say it's worth it really.
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    You could like her?

I wouldn't say it's worth it really.

Let me clear this up.

What I meant by 'could' was that I don't believe that I can be expected to know if I like her without giving it a go with her; if I am expected to know, then I would say I like her.
    Originally posted by russ2001ukH

Thank you for that enlightening comment.

Next time you drop by, be sure to learn the English language first.

If you like her go for it, but sound your mate out first. With subtlety, of course.