Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

air cadets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all, im joining the air cadets and i was wonderin if girls could wear the trousers or do they have to wear the skirts cos im not a skirty person

Comments

• Options
    Re: air cadets
    Originally posted by blood__junkie
    hey all, im joining the air cadets and i was wonderin if girls could wear the trousers or do they have to wear the skirts cos im not a skirty person
    dunno but i was in the army cadets and loved it!
    hope you enjoy it as much as i did.
  • Options
    If you are joining ATC, you have to wear a skirt. Sorry.
  • Options
    Go on, start a rebellion and wear trousers. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil

You are mocking all I believe in. :(

Bitch :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    i got kicked out in the end for that kind of behaviour.
    it was the sixties ...it was seargeant major attitudes at school and in the cadets but at home ...it was becoming more and more sgt peppers.
    my hair was getting longer ...i could only hide it for so long under my beret ...i made what i thought was a stand of global importance at the time and refused to have it cut ...the more they screamed and stamped their boots at me ...the more resolved i became to stick to this all important principle ...they chucked me out.
    what a dick when i look back ...
  • Options
    girls are allowed to wear trousers i believe.

mind you, it might be up to individual ATCs

when i was in ATC i was allowed to wear trousers or a skirt, it was up to me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    Air traffic control? :confused:

or is it Air *insert the right word here* cadets?

Just curious :)

it stands for Air Training Corps i believe :)
  • Options
    Training :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by welsh_mosher
    when i was in ATC i was allowed to wear trousers or a skirt, it was up to me.

Just another reason why CCF is superior to ATC.
  • Options
    as ireplied and it went back to the page, i saw that you'd edited it, lol

most peopel who read this now won't have a clue what i'm on about :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio

wot, the Cardboard Cadet Force? do me a favour:rolleyes:. the ATC is far superior. and to answer the question, girls now are allowed to wear trousers if they desire as it is with female members of the RAF. female cadets should be issued with a skirt and a pair of trousers when they sign up.
  • Options
    Dress regulations — Inspection details.

BERET The beret is to be worn so that the band is horizontal round the head,25mm above the eyebrows, loose material down to the right so that the badge is clearly displ_ayed in a position vertically above the left eye.

JERSEY NO.2 HD Round or ‘V’ neck pattern. The jersey should be clean and of a reasonable fit.

SHIRT WORKING The collar ironed and worn out—side the jersey, top button undone, no tie.

TROUSERS NO.2 Trousers are to be worn with supporting belt (not seen) ,they are to be clean and pressed.

FOOT WEAR Boots or Shoes, black, laced and worn with black socks. To be polished, laced straight across and neatly fastened.

BRASSARD Worn on the right upper arm, identification badge located centrally 6mm from the top with the distinguishing badge immediately be low. Other badges Classification, Bandsman, Marksman or NRA Cadet One Hun_dred to be correctly spaced.

OTHER BADGES Rank badges on epaulettes, staff cadet lanyard worn around the left shoulder, buttoned centrally on the bottom line of the patch and when this is worn no other classification badge is to be worn on the brassard. Flying scholarship, cadet navigators and gliding badges are to be worn on the left patch.

STABLE BELT The stable belt is not to be worn over the jersey. It can be worn under the jersey and will only be seen when in shirt sleeve order.

SHIRT SLEEVE ORDER In summer, shirt sleeve order may be worn for which the inspection details are

Top button of the work shirt undone — sleeves rolled up neatly above the elbows.

No tie unless wearing a wedgewood blue shirt. Rank tapes on epaulettes Brassard with appropriate badges Is worn. Staff cadet lanyard is worn buttoned to the left breast pocket of the shirt. Flying, gliding and D of E badges are not worn. Stable belt may be worn — private purchase only.

CLEANLINESS The hands, face, ears and neck are to be clean. Finger nails clipped and clean.

HAIR The hair of the head is to be clean and cut to Queens Regulation length.

SHAVING Personnel who need to shave should be properly shaved, beards and whiskers are not to be worn. If a moustache is worn, the upper lip is to be entirely unshaven
  • Options
    You are mocking all I believe in. :(

Bitch :(

Don't be silly. :p
  • Options
    Females used to have to wear skirts as regulation, but I believe they have changed the regs so they can wear trousers as well now. I'm sure the individual sqn will be able to let you know what the deal with female dress regs are. And ATC owns CCF. CCF are a pile of public school prats, the discipline and dress of the AT far outstrips CCF sqns. Basically, CCF = crap cadet force. I was a cadet warrent officer in the ATC :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    ...I was a cadet warrent officer in the ATC :)

Oooo... very la-de-da :flirt:
  • Options
    The highest ranking you can go in the cadets. Very very la-de-dah...
  • Options
    The highest ranking you can go in the cadets. Very very la-de-dah...

What squadron were you in?
  • Options
    hey all, thanks for answering my question.
  • Options
    Was 498df, but then upgraded to Lanark sqn, which is 449 sqn now. Glasgow and west of Scotland wing.
  • Options
    Females used to have to wear skirts as regulation, but I believe they have changed the regs so they can wear trousers as well now. I'm sure the individual sqn will be able to let you know what the deal with female dress regs are. And ATC owns CCF. CCF are a pile of public school prats, the discipline and dress of the AT far outstrips CCF sqns. Basically, CCF = crap cadet force. I was a cadet warrent officer in the ATC :)

At area competition, the CCFs beat the ATCs. The top five or six are always CCF. Why? Because they have better uniform, the drill is better because they are better disciplined.

When I was on camp, we went to RAF.....something or other. The CCF were quietly walking around is small groups, actually looking at the aircraft. There was a ATC from this area (at the same time, how odd :|) and they were running around, laughing. Of course how one ATC is not a representation of how good all ATC are, but my local one is shite, as are the ones I myself have seen.

Public school prats? Most of the local CCFs are grammars, and my school is but a humble private school.......so ner. :(

Anyway, isn't Under Officer above Warrant Officer? We had both last year, but I can't remember which one of them was which.
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    bah, tis the ACF all the way :thumb:

you get to learn lots n lots of swear words and play with guns a lot more than other cadets, uh huh.

you also get to look at things people point at too
    signalling03.jpg
  • Options
    At area competition, the CCFs beat the ATCs. The top five or six are always CCF. Why? Because they have better uniform, the drill is better because they are better disciplined.

When I was on camp, we went to RAF.....something or other. The CCF were quietly walking around is small groups, actually looking at the aircraft. There was a ATC from this area (at the same time, how odd :|) and they were running around, laughing. Of course how one ATC is not a representation of how good all ATC are, but my local one is shite, as are the ones I myself have seen.

Public school prats? Most of the local CCFs are grammars, and my school is but a humble private school.......so ner. :(

Anyway, isn't Under Officer above Warrant Officer? We had both last year, but I can't remember which one of them was which.
    When I was at Air Cadet 2000, the CCF cadets were a sham, and their uniforms were mince. Like, really bad... Shoes not polished, trousers not ironed, etc etc. They also seemed to think they were above the ATC, which really annoyed me. They seemed to be the ones starting things off, especially with the scottish cadets. I dunno if I confused the whole public school thing, but that was what I meant, people who pay to go to school tend to be CCF. the ATC cadets also know how to have a good time as well, and on the whole CCF are probably better behaved, but I think there's a difference between behaviour and discipline. A lot of the ATC sqns I have seen are really impressive, with a great track record of achievements, eg. Paisley sqn 32f. My own sqn even built a hovercraft from scratch! I know I'm making a generalisation, cause I've never actually been a part of a CCF sqn, but in my experience they don't seem to be as good as CCF. As for the ranking system, I would've though under officer would have been below cadet warrent officer, but I'll check it out.
  • Options
    When I was at Air Cadet 2000, the CCF cadets were a sham, and their uniforms were mince. Like, really bad... Shoes not polished, trousers not ironed, etc etc. They also seemed to think they were above the ATC, which really annoyed me. They seemed to be the ones starting things off, especially with the scottish cadets. I dunno if I confused the whole public school thing, but that was what I meant, people who pay to go to school tend to be CCF. the ATC cadets also know how to have a good time as well, and on the whole CCF are probably better behaved, but I think there's a difference between behaviour and discipline. A lot of the ATC sqns I have seen are really impressive, with a great track record of achievements, eg. Paisley sqn 32f. My own sqn even built a hovercraft from scratch! I know I'm making a generalisation, cause I've never actually been a part of a CCF sqn, but in my experience they don't seem to be as good as CCF. As for the ranking system, I would've though under officer would have been below cadet warrent officer, but I'll check it out.

my experience with the CCF cadets is the same TBH. IMO most CCF cadets are up their own arses, no offence to you or anything Doc Horatio, but that's just from personal experience.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    my experience with the CCF cadets is the same TBH. IMO most CCF cadets are up their own arses, no offence to you or anything Doc Horatio, but that's just from personal experience.

Yeah, I did not mean to cause and personal offence to anyone who is/was in ATC, but in my personal experience, ATC cadets are more interested in joining the service, but don't appear to be up to it. At some schools, CCF is compulsory for a certain amount of time, so it's possible that the CCF cadets you have met are bad cadets because they couldn't care less because they don't want to be there.

It's odd how this all came from one girl asking about trousers. :eek2:
  • Options

It's odd how this all came from one girl asking about trousers. :eek2:

'tis isn't it :chin:
  • Options
    No, ACF is better than both CCF and ATC :p