Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

house

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anybody know a good place on the internet to download house?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'd presume any of the P2P (or whatever it is) shareware programs like Kazaa, SoulSeek etc.

Also any websites dedicated to house music? They're bound to have a few sets by the established/up-and-coming Dj's.
  • Options
    i find that the popular download websites don't have a very broad range of house music, mostly commercial stuff, it's very hard to find good young fresh music on the net.
  • Options
    Have a look at www.besonic.com - I've been a member there for a few years now and although there's a fair few unsigned artists there, don't let that put you off downloading their tracks as a lot of people in there have some good talent.

Also check www.ravelinks.com and check their mixes section.

Also www.peoplesound.com - www.vitaminic.com - www.artistdirect.com
  • Options
    I second Besonic, but I also use Soundclick, Vitaminic and Epitonic. The links I've provided to Soundclick and Vitiminic goes straight to their house sections.
  • Options
    If your wanting to download by paying and support the artists, I'd suggest you check out:

http://www.trax2burn.com

Probably the best legit MP3 site feat. all the main labels for 12" 192k MP3s :)
  • Options
    Everything Starts With An E

Go to the mixes section for some great old skool house sets, personal fave is Colin Favor @ the Hacienda August 1989