Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Broadband!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:D:D:D Ive finally got broadband! Quick, what can i download

Comments

• Options
    Re: Broadband!
    Originally posted by Foxxy_Cymru
    :D:D:D Ive finally got broadband! Quick, what can i download

All the guyver anime video's and give them to me :d

heehee I just got broadband It is sooooo cool :D
  • Options
    I know how much fun is this! Everything so fast! Ive downloaded like 15 songs in the past 10 min :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Foxxy_Cymru
    I know how much fun is this! Everything so fast! Ive downloaded like 15 songs in the past 10 min :D

Its a pain in the ass because eventually you run out of ideas what to get so start downloading any old shit!

Whilst free music is here get what you can because i swear in a few years paying a subscription for service will be the norm, and if you use a illegal free service they will make your ISP legally obligated to warn you/cut you off or something.

Gotta happen one day but hopefully another few decades :D

Oh yeah now you got broadband you got no excuse not to share your files!

Help keep the community alive.
  • Options
    Its a novelty at first. You will get bored very soon.
  • Options
    My 56k 0wns all. 4meg in 28 minutes :/.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat

well I had a download rate of 300kb a second at one point lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat

Living life in the slow lane :D

4 megs take me about 2 minutes to download if not quicker.

I was on 56k for years i found it ok for downloading mp3s in general but films and loading flashy websites big no no.... couldnt go back to dial up now i`ve experienced Broadband no fucking way.
  • Options
    I have the 600k service from NTL. I mainly use it for faster browsing, always-on (not needing to reconnect) and MP3 downloads from some of the amateur sites kindly provided by TheSite members.

Going back to 56k wouldn't bother me too much. What would hit me the most would be the bulletin boards. They would load the slowest. Also I'm not fussed about getting 1 meg or anything like that.
  • Options
    btw just to let people know something i discoevered recently :( is that you divide your internet conn. speed by eight and that's the amount of kilobytes per second you get, bcause speeds are done in kilobits!!
  • Options
    Its a pain in the ass because eventually you run out of ideas what to get so start downloading any old shit!

:( you were so right.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    btw just to let people know something i discoevered recently :( is that you divide your internet conn. speed by eight and that's the amount of kilobytes per second you get, bcause speeds are done in kilobits!!

How did you find that out ?

Also, BroadBand is fantastic at first but like they said it does wear down quickly.

Still ask most BB users and they will all say the same thing, I could nevre go back to Dial up !

Broadband Rules :D
  • Options
    Shyboy, that's a well-known fact.

Which is why on 56K dialup the fastest websites will load at about 6KB/s, and so that isn't actually slow. On tesco.net I was regularly getting this place up on 6.4KB/s. Go me.

But now I have 256K broadband with telewest, and it's lovely. I don't see the point in going any faster.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

But now I have 256K broadband with telewest, and it's lovely. I don't see the point in going any faster.

Im with Telewest also, i had the 512kb but they increased it in speed from 512Kb to 750Kb, but still costs the same amount per month :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    Im with Telewest also, i had the 512kb but they increased it in speed from 512Kb to 750Kb, but still costs the same amount per month :D

MY brother got that upgrade for free:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    MY brother got that upgrade for free:)

So did i mate ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

exactly, I got 512k and i can upgrade to 1mb for a extra 7 quid a month but i wonder if its worth it because im happy with the speed i got now it feels too fast sometimes as it is.

On dial up you could be half hour doing things just to pass time but on broadband you can get it all done so much quicker it leaves you bored once you run out of ideas what to do sometimes.

But still give me warp speed over snail speed anyday.