Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Charlie

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    btw did you know that if someone else shoots you up and you OD and die, they can be done for manslaughter? Is that a position you want to put a friend in?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    btw did you know that if someone else shoots you up and you OD and die, they can be done for manslaughter? Is that a position you want to put a friend in?

I guess that's a risk I'm willing to take and so are my friends. Until I learn to do it myself, that's what I'll have to do.
    Get some help.

Thanks but no thanks. :thumb: I don't have a problem and I don't need to go see help. Thanks anyway
  • Options
    Shooting up is bad but it's your choice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    I guess that's a risk I'm willing to take and so are my friends. Until I learn to do it myself, that's what I'll have to do.

Its your funeral...their trial.

Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    Thanks but no thanks. :thumb: I don't have a problem and I don't need to go see help. Thanks anyway

If you're shooting up speedballs, you do have a problem. But I guess you'll only seek help when you hit rock bottom. Either that or you're gonna be dead soon. Your choice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    Don't make ridiculous claims.

There is no specific "attitude" that goes with using charlie, i've read some of your other posts singling out cocaine as some sort of threat that overshadows anything else, and most of it is bullshit to be frank.

You honestly think speed is that much 'safer'? If you were taking loads of speed every day as you said, why fail to mention the resulting pyschosis :confused:

I think there is and I would say all of my friends and quite a few people on here agree with me. I've been to clubs where most people are using cocaine and alcohol (a bad mix) and I've been to clubs where people are using MDMA and amphet. I know which I prefer.

Yes, I have singled out cocaine, its use is massively increasing and many MDMA users are moving to it. Cocaine is clearly far more dangerous than MDMA, this concerns me.

And as for amphetamine pyschosis, I suffered from mild paranoia, but nothing really. However, I know it can happen and can be very nasty.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I've been to clubs where most people are using cocaine and alcohol (a bad mix) and I've been to clubs where people are using MDMA and amphet. I know which I prefer.

i agree with that. i go to a club were realistically 95% of the people, maybe more are pilled in or on phet and its the best atmosphere ive known. but i dont think coke and alcohol makes everyone into dickheads.
  • Options
    Obviously if someone has taken a lot of speed and then been drinking too then they arent always that nice either.
  • Options
    I think there is and I would say all of my friends and quite a few people on here agree with me. I've been to clubs where most people are using cocaine and alcohol (a bad mix) and I've been to clubs where people are using MDMA and amphet. I know which I prefer.

Yes, I have singled out cocaine, its use is massively increasing and many MDMA users are moving to it. Cocaine is clearly far more dangerous than MDMA, this concerns me.

And as for amphetamine pyschosis, I suffered from mild paranoia, but nothing really. However, I know it can happen and can be very nasty.

MDMA is more of a club-drug than coke, same way that coke is more of a pub-drug than mdma...each drug compliments different situations.

As for coke being more dangerous than mdma, nobody quite knows the long term dangers of ecstasy.
  • Options
    MDMA is more of a club-drug than coke, same way that coke is more of a pub-drug than mdma...each drug compliments different situations.

research shows because of the falling quality in pills, people are looking for a "clean/pure" hit and cocaine fits this, sure, each drug complements different situation, but cocaine use in clubs is rising
    As for coke being more dangerous than mdma, nobody quite knows the long term dangers of ecstasy.

true, but something that is physically and psychologically addictive is more danger than something that is just psychologically addictive. + it is a lot easier to lose control with cocaine than pills.

ps, sorry not read the whole thread
  • Options
    Whether pills are decreasing in quality is always up for grabs, they are supposed to be going down in quality since the early 90's. In fact the amount of pills just containing MDMA is going up. The manufacture quality though is going down somewhat.

I think this opinion of decreasing quality is more to do with older users not getting the returns they once did. That has a lot more to do with the reaction to MDMA than the MDMA itself.

That and as you said, the trend is for a 'cleaner' almost more sober high.

As for their relative risks, well how many people die/get addicted to cocaine each year compared to MDMA.
  • Options
    when you could buy 100 pills for £70 something is slipping.

higher MDMA levels, but of poorer quality would fit.

something has too account for the increase in the number of pills taken.

in the 80s/90s people rarely took more than a couple
    in 2002 people are taking on average 4-5, or starting with half and nothing happens so they take more.

cocaine isn't just for the rich these days and crack, well it starts off cheap..., just a tenner. then... well

i read a research report about young people in glasgow, smoking crack in clubs - they believed it was just cocaine, but they were smoking it
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    research shows because of the falling quality in pills, people are looking for a "clean/pure" hit and cocaine fits this, sure, each drug complements different situation, but cocaine use in clubs is rising

true, but something that is physically and psychologically addictive is more danger than something that is just psychologically addictive. + it is a lot easier to lose control with cocaine than pills.

ps, sorry not read the whole thread

You're research is wrong.

So you think your average gram of coke is "pure"? Average British cocaine is very heavily cut - fact, which discredits your false theory.

For most people coke is too expensive to get a habit, they keep it to once week or whatever - with ecstasy, you can spend what you would on a gram of coke and get maybe 100 pills. Couple that with having poor will-power and plenty of people have problems.

How is it easier to lose control with cocaine than pills? MDMA is a far more overwhelming drug than cocaine.

Coke is pretty dangerous, but there's no point in singling it out over mdma or amphetamines.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    when you could buy 100 pills for £70 something is slipping.

higher MDMA levels, but of poorer quality would fit.

something has too account for the increase in the number of pills taken.

in the 80s/90s people rarely took more than a couple
    in 2002 people are taking on average 4-5, or starting with half and nothing happens so they take more.

cocaine isn't just for the rich these days and crack, well it starts off cheap..., just a tenner. then... well

i read a research report about young people in glasgow, smoking crack in clubs - they believed it was just cocaine, but they were smoking it

You got a link to this research report?

BTW - you can't blame a drug because of someone's ignorance.
  • Options

So you think your average gram of coke is "pure"? Average British cocaine is very heavily cut - fact, which discredits your false theory.

For most people coke is too expensive to get a habit, they keep it to once week or whatever - with ecstasy, you can spend what you would on a gram of coke and get maybe 100 pills. Couple that with having poor will-power and plenty of people have problems.

How is it easier to lose control with cocaine than pills? MDMA is a far more overwhelming drug than cocaine.

Coke is pretty dangerous, but there's no point in singling it out over mdma or amphetamines.

He was in no way suggesting that cocaine is pure, thats why it was put into ' ' marks, suggesting thats how people see it, which they do.

I'd also suggest that cocaine isnt anywhere near as expencive as it used to be. A gram now can be bought for £35 or even £30 if you buy a few. Cocaine use has massively increased yet price has dropped, that suggests to me that there is a glut in supply.
  • Options

i think you mis-understand my post.

I don't mean coke is clean and pure, that is a belief of some people who use it.

They are tired of the MDMA/pills come down, or the fact they appear to have developed some tolerance to the effects.

Coke gives a more defined hit, it works faster, therefore people perceive it is cleaner and purer than pills.
    For most people coke is too expensive to get a habit, they keep it to once week or whatever

this is false logic... dependance means people find a way of affording it.

Dependence is not simply a property of a drug, it is a relationship and, therefore, in considering the question of dependence we also need to be aware that some individuals may be more vulnerable to this (for all sorts of reasons - social, psychological etc.), while other users can go through periods of heavy or moderate use without developing a dependency

in another thread i said about people saying - the only problem with coke is that is so expensive.

you tell me...

what effect does coke have, what effect does MDMA have?

when you say overwhelming - can you explain what you mean in a little more detail
    You got a link to this research report?

Boys A. (2001) Blurred images: young cocaine users' perceptions of cocaine. Drug Link July/August 2001, sorry i don't have a link

Interestingly, some research suggests that many young people are using cocaine in preference to ecstasy because they believe the former to be safer than the latter.
    This led one study to ask the question, 'are we paying for the alarmist and questionably accurate portrayal of the dangers of ecstasy in increased cocaine consumption?'
  • Options
    Certainly, cocaine isnt that expencive, lots of people could afford one, then two, then three grams a week, then you find out if you cut a few corners you can afford four....and so on.

MDMA because of its effects stops many people using it more than once a week, daily use is almost un heard of. Of course it can be destructive if used only once a week, but compared to the number of people who use it deaths and serious harm is very small.

Neither Hobbs or I are saying that MDMA is safe, far from it, but there is a false perception that cocaine is safer and cleaner and the big rise in its use is a ver serious concern.

I think price will continue to drop and availability will continue to rise. This will lead to more people using more of it. I think over the last few years we have seen supply creating a bigger market.
  • Options
    Neither Hobbs or I are saying that MDMA is safe, far from it, but there is a false perception that cocaine is safer and cleaner and the big rise in its use is a ver serious concern.

:yes:

I think price will continue to drop and availability will continue to rise. This will lead to more people using more of it. I think over the last few years we have seen supply creating a bigger market.

and as the one pill can kill messages continue to be spread people will look for an alternative - which at the moment ends up being cocaine
  • Options
    Statistically deaths from one pill are almost unheard of. Virtually all deaths from MDMA could have been avoided if the person consumed less and wasnt in hot conditions.
  • Options
    very true, infact death from pills is rare, untill you turn it in to statistics

An ICM survey estimated that 1 - 1.5 million people were doing e at weekends I also hear a % of anything from 2-10 of 16-24 year olds doing pills

that means in my patch there could be anything from 5000 -26 000 doing e at the weekend. we have a 200% increase in deaths attributed to e from 2001-2002

well it went from 2 to 4

so, Spliffie says
    you can't blame a drug because of someone's ignorance

but there is too much ignorance and an ever increasing amount of drugs

so what can be done?
  • Options
    We can rely on the new governments campaign, Talk to Frank!
  • Options
    If these reports that people are taking cocaine because they think it's safer, purer and generally "better" are actually true and show the real picture then it doesn't say very much for users' intelligence.

As for the price of cocaine - i haven't met any dealers who sell quality coke at £30 a gram. Yes, prices have fallen, but the quality generally is poor. If coke's getting sold for £30 a gram, it'll be shite and the idiot sniffing it will know it.

Hobbs - you're asking me to contrast the effects of cocaine and ecstasy? If you've got experience of the actual drugs you're talking about then it hardly needs explaining.

As for ignorance and increasing amounts of drugs...advertise & educate... although it's up to the individual to find out for themselves the dangers, it's not exactly difficult...if someone's gonna do ecstasy for the first time, surely it's common sense to go online and do a bit of research.
  • Options

As for ignorance and increasing amounts of drugs...advertise & educate... although it's up to the individual to find out for themselves the dangers, it's not exactly difficult...if someone's gonna do ecstasy for the first time, surely it's common sense to go online and do a bit of research.

its very hard to educate people on drugs, everyone reacts different, i know that 49,999 out of every 50,000 ecstacy users will be alright from swallowing their first pill but that doesn't mean you can say its a totally safe drug, alternativly you can't say ecstacy is a major killer, which it has been made out to be, i've never opened a paper to a headline saying "young teenager dies after drinking vodka and falling on head", i've heard loads about accidents on coke and e's, there has to be a major rethink from the top, drug use to be allowed in moderation is my answer
  • Options
    If these reports that people are taking cocaine because they think it's safer, purer and generally "better" are actually true and show the real picture then it doesn't say very much for users' intelligence.

And? There are a lot of stupid people out there, doesnt mean its not happening.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Personally I don't think the issue is lack of intellegence at all, its lack of education. Ignorance and misinformation has a big part to play in the unsafe use of drugs.
  • Options
    Well indeed, the fact that most harm caused by drugs is avoidable if they are used safely makes it all the more tragic.