Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Charlie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My mate asked me the other what drugs Id ever taken, when I said charlie she hit the roof. Shes not into drugs so I never take stuff whn Im around her. She started goin on how 1 line could kill me and all this, and if I some that was dodgy like talc or something them when its inhaled it could go into my head and kill me. Anyway I explained to her that its not like I take loads all the time or anything and that Im not addicted, etc etc but she wont stop goin on about how fatal the drug can be. Ive always thought that its not really that possibly fatal unless you take quite a bit so your body cant handle it.

Comments

• Options
    First of all cocaine is a very harmful, very addictive and very dangerous drug. There is really not any getting away from that.

Yes, many users can do the occasional line at parties and are fine, most users in fact. But that does NOT make it safe.

I dont want to be alarmist about it because you wont listen but I do think the dangers of cocaine are grossly under estimated.

Yes, minor use can kill you. The main problem with cocaine is its effect on the heart and the blood.

As a stimulant it speeds up the heart

It also constricts the blood vescles.

It also thickens the blood.

So you have thick blood going through tighter viens quicker. It really is a stroke/heart attack waiting to happen.

As for the cut. Well thats always a hard one, cocaine is expencive so unlike with amphetamine cutting it with other active chemicals makes sense. Benzocaine is a very highly prized cut, its a relative of cocaine and gives you the numbing sensation but doesnt have a high. Amphetamine comes up every now and then, but thats mainly for users who dont know any better.

Then theres a few inert cuts like borox which look like cocaine.

And of course there is the issue of where is your money going. The cocaine trade is heavily controled by mass murderers, cocaine has funded Columbia's ongoing 20 year+ civil war in which 1000's have died.

I am not a huge fan of the stuff as you might have guessed.

I am not really saying do not use at all, its just a drug that needs a lot of respect.

And do NOT mix it will alcohol, it changes in the body into a different chemical which is more harmful and more addictive.
  • Options
    I can see exactly what your saying and yeah i do agree, but surely just off a few lines in a night this is quite unlikely to happen?
  • Options
    i have to take brummy birds side here, yes coke might be dangerous but she's tried it already and she seems to me to be ok with the drug, i think the point she is making is that her friend hasn't got a clue what coke is or what it does and she's annoyed that her friend won't understand that taking the odd line is not too bad, and she's right, but as bong said, it is a dangerous drug and should be taken in moderation (like most drugs)
  • Options
    Yes cheers thats what Im saying.

If it was the other way round I wouldnt react the way my mate did, cuz I dont judge things without hearing everything. I know that everyones different but the way she was goin on at me is like Im some ravin coke head thats alwayed coked up. That aint the case at all!! And yes shes entitled to her opinion just like the next person but she just seems like shes gone a bit OTT.
  • Options
    The risk of heart trouble is a total unknown. Obviously if you are at risk of a heart attack already (over weight, etc.) then your taking a massive risk.

But there is also the issue of small blood clots that people get from other causes, birth control for example can cause them. If these lodge somewhere they can cause massive damage. I've seen it happen and its far from pretty.
  • Options
    i was going to make a separate post but thought i'd inject this into the discussion instead.

This has been (somewhat belatedly) documented in the press recently, but cocaine use is REALLY going thru the roof now.

In my area its turned (since 1999, when i guess i became aware of drugs) from 'Lets drop this weekend' to 'Lets get a bag this weekend and have a few beers'.

Personally i'm not cocaine's biggest fan, having worked in bars and had to deal with pissed and chinged up punters who thing they're Arnold-Muhhamed-Bruce-Ali after their consumption of Flake and Stella has expanded their mind into this new horizon :rolleyes: and they decide that their first order of buisness as master of the universe is to 'Spark Matey out' (this is gonna turn into a rant if its not careful)

So the question is; what are the implications of cocaine's rise (and replacement?) of E as a social drug?

and Bong is (once again) bang on the money with regards to the Cocaine trade. I know lots of people who buy fair trade religiously but still do coke? (i suppose when their village is burned to the ground they cant be exploited anymore:confused: )
  • Options
    They say about cocaine being the worst for your heart but i reckon speed is, that stuff really does get your body pumping for hours and hours on end surely years of abuse of that would fuck you up even more surely?

Or does cocaine work in a certain way which does more damage?
  • Options
    Amphetamine purely speeds up the heart, this of course leads to faster aging of the organs and potencially heart attacks and such.

It is the double action of thickening the blood and tightening the vescles which makes cocaine more dangerous on the heart.

As for the massive rise in cocaine use, I think it could well kill off more and more of the 'mainstream' clubs. We all know that cocaine users are twats and are not fun to be around.

I think it will have a big negative impact upon clubs and bars.
  • Options
    the problem i think with coke is that is such an insidious social drug; whereas E restricted itself to certain social groups and situations, cocaine permeates every area of society and can be consumed in almost every single situation (sex aid, party drug, pick me up, help you through that tough day at work).

It has so many applications its scary; a cure of all ills.

A little while ago (6-8 months) i was working a dinner for a local newspaper that had ran so many 'Won't somebody think of the children' bullshit campaigns of misinformation against almost every single narcotic going.

One of their staff dropped a bag (of a white powdery subbstance) onto my bar as he was paying for a pint.

I was MAAAAAAD:mad:
  • Options
    The first time I ever did it, it was so hard to breathe. I remember crying so hard because everything around me was shaking back and forth. Even when I couldn't breathe or talk, I kept doing line after line. When my friend blacked out and started shaking on the bed, that's when I realized how stupid I was to keep doing it. I stopped doing it for almost 4 days, then couldn't handle it and had to go buy some more.

It's so pathetic how a substance is controlling me now. I always said I would turn into one of those people who think about it constantly and who could never quit,looks like I turned into one :(

I've never spent so much money on anything as I did on coke. (nor did I ever steal money before either) It turned me into a totally different person. :(
  • Options
    Are you still using now Blonde?

Your in the US arent you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Are you still using now Blonde?

Your in the US arent you?

Yep. :(

Yep.
  • Options
    wow, got a craving after only 4 days, i feel lucky i've never gotten to that, i do it when i'm down in chicago which is only like once a month and once in a great while here and granted i do line after line after line after line :p but i've never had a craving. thank fuck.
  • Options
    I wouldnt say its like a physical condition but the constant sneezing and migrains really get to me. I can't ever get my mind off it though when I haven't boughten any for a few days. My people skills were pretty good before I started doing coke, but when I was on it, I felt amazing. It was like I could finish peoples sentences for them and I didn't even have to try.

But the comedown of it was jacked up. I cant even hold a conversation because I stutter really bad when the comedown is happening. I also had random hot/cold flashes which made me sweat alot.

My mom and stepdad don't realize I'm doing it because they are just happy I'm not depressed but they don't know where all their money is going though, so I'm a bit screwed :(

I've been trying to stop every little bit so I've only been doing about an ounce a day, just so I can stay normal.
  • Options
    oh wow :( my sypathies for you. coke and heroin too, or did you stop that now? those two must just be hell for you. i really do hope that it works out. every little bit counts :)
  • Options
    Suprisingly, I haven't done any heroin for a while and I'm trying to just stick to coke. (I'm going for progress, not perfection) :yes:

What really confused my drug counselor is when she found out I wasn't a big recreational drug user before, I just went straight for the speedball. :blush:
  • Options
    ah well good job with the h :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    I've been trying to stop every little bit so I've only been doing about an ounce a day, just so I can stay normal.

An ounce a day? did i read that right?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Nash
    An ounce a day? did i read that right?

Yes, that's split between me and my friend though
  • Options
    Surely 14 grams a day must be a lethal dose?
  • Options
    guess not because I'm still here and alive. :yes:

(besides the fact that my nose is literally falling apart :yuck: )
  • Options
    Your partying away bombshell..

And what an unlikely junkie? You like...your so sexy.Don't ruin anything with that heroin shit.Coke would be ok if used it properly, not binging like that.

Ah anyway, who am i to preach to anyone when i'm sitting buzzing my aboustle tits off....:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Your partying away bombshell..

And what an unlikely junkie? You like...your so sexy.

Awww...:blush: Thanks. Some people have been pretty suprised when they find out what I do. (and because they assume I'm a good lil mormon girl :angel: :p )
    Don't ruin anything with that heroin shit.Coke would be ok if used it properly, not binging like that.

Yeah, I plan to stop all of this shit one day. (typical druggie answer)
  • Options
    Yeah, I plan to stop all of this shit one day. (typical druggie answer)

It is too. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    guess not because I'm still here and alive. :yes:

(besides the fact that my nose is literally falling apart :yuck: )

Could make members of the Royal family proud!

How long have you been using for? I have really fucked up on under 6G (over about 12 hours) and it was quite a terrifying drug to fuck up on. I've only been using it less than 2 years and would use less than 14G in a (good) week.

It is the Jaffa Cakes of the drugs world in my books. So damn easy to just consume and consume and consume. Even when money doesn't allow it.

I'm hoping that last week I found that elusive "one day" that I would give up. Already screwed up on the pills and base, but coke has been suprisingly easier.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician

How long have you been using for? I have really fucked up on under 6G (over about 12 hours) and it was quite a terrifying drug to fuck up on. I've only been using it less than 2 years and would use less than 14G in a (good) week.

I haven't been using for that long. I used once last summer and hated it (not knowing I was pregnant at the time) then after I had my baby in November was when I started using often. I just jumped right into the whole thing.

I didn't even know what heroin, coke, what any drugs were until I was about 16, almost 17. So I was pretty new to it all. I was always told never to touch it and that made me want to do it more to see what all the fuss was about.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Coke is over rated and over priced ...and for the damage it can cause is really not worth it IMO. It doesn't take long for it to turn the soundest person into a complete wanker.
    I do take it every once in a while but it generally doesn't excite me very much. It's not a druggies drug if you no what I mean - it doesn't get you 'wrecked'. I'd much rather wash up with it ...but that aint really a good thing either.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    It's not a druggies drug if you no what I mean - it doesn't get you 'wrecked'. I'd much rather wash up with it ...but that aint really a good thing either.

Yeah exactly if you are really into your Es and speed coke will do fuck all for you really..

When i used to have a line or two of coke it was like yeah this is it?! wheres the pills! then the party started!
  • Options
    Yeah, but speed is almost as simple to wander into for some people. I think the drugs where you can function are sometimes the most addictive.

I used to use loads of speed every day, but because I was functioning, I was going to uni, top of my class etc. I didnt see any problem. (apart from weighing under 8 stone!)
  • Options
    coke doesnt really faze me. i havnt done it in months, even then it was probly a "special" occasion. i only have when im out on the piss, i know its worse but the kick lasts longer. can see why some peeps turn into wankers tho. its not a habit i want or can afford, ive seen mates blow too much money on it coz its rock n roll!
    end of the day its another risk when you take it but theres risk in every thing we do!