Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Photos from Weekend!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Here's what I got up to, playing @ Chemistry:

20.jpg

18.jpg

30.jpg

21.jpg

What did you guys do?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I went down Nottingham with a hen party:razz: it was amazin:crazyeyes: :thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah, there were over 2500+ people spread out between this room (which holds about 800+) and the main room, I really enjoyed it, one of my fav events I've played at this year!

Playing at Cube this weekend, although you only get like 450 in there, ohh well ;):)
  • Options
    Is that Taz with you in the first and last picture???? :confused:

Looks like him :lol::p:p;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    Is that Taz with you in the first and last picture????
    Certainly is... he's also a DJ, we play B2B quite a bit at events :p
  • Options
    I went to the Polo Match, saw Prince Harry and David Hasslehoff was there too.

Also saw more stunning women in one day then anywhere on earth!! Needless to say we're going back next year.
  • Options
    That looks quality Justin. Do you go with a vague tracklist in your mind, or just improvise on the spot by reading the crowd?

And J, what style do you spin then?
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    That looks quality Justin. Do you go with a vague tracklist in your mind, or just improvise on the spot by reading the crowd?
    Usually its all done "on the fly" so to speak, listening to the person before us and seeing what the crowd will respond to as I go along. For that particular set we went in with a series of records we wanted to play, but in most cases had to change our style somewhat as the guy before us was playing hard style and the hard trance thing wouldn't of cut it.

I get sent quite a lot of pre-released material from producers and labels, especially Tidy Test Presses, and being Tidy NZ DJs we will obviously push Tidy material out in all our sets, people tend to hear a mixture of unreleased material and other bits and pieces...

The playlist for that gig was something like:

Lisa Pin-up - F**k This F**kin F**k
    Lee Haslam - Here Comes The Pain (Euphony Remix)
    Ilogik - Dance With The Devil
    Ilogik - Just Can't Stop

DJ Resh - The Prophecy
    Paul Glazby - Hostile
    SJ & Babydoc - Ploughmanns Lunch
    Tony De Vit - I Don't Care (Bulletproof 2004 Remix)

I started with the Lisa Pin-Up track as a bit of amusement following on from hard style and not really sure what to drop, so the lyrics ran true with the mood I felt, bit of sarcastic humour:

"What the fuck! who the fuck? fuck this fucking fuck.. FUCK!"

I like humour within my sets as well as bouncy uplifiting stuff! You also got the 'Just Can't Stop' Track which is like an anthem in NZ, as is Hostile, then you've got 'Head @' which is a remix of Basement Jaxx (Wheres Your Head At?) and one of my fav tracks of the moment 'The Prophecy' which has a Bill Hicks sample:

"I have taken drugs before and umm.. I had a real good time, didn't murder anybody, didn't rob anybody etc."

Humour and Uplifiting Trancey Bounce! :D