Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

i'm new! yeah!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey, i'm not really sure what this is all about. do i just getta write cool stuff? i can dig it :) someone should write me!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oregon??Why you not proud of it?? It's gorgeous there... :yes:

oh by the way, I live in Salt Lake City.

you just turned 16 and already have your GED??? wooah!! nice

Welcome!! :wave:
    i say i'm not proud of it cause i get really sick of people saying *i'm from the united states, and proud of it!* that's all. i do acctually think it's really pretty here. i just don't agree with the politics of the US.
    "write me" now theres an Americanism, same as "I'm going to visit with such-and-such" you just dont get that here.

Welcome to thesite by the way.
    Hiya, i'm not sure what write me means but hello anyway.
    hiya, welcome to TheSite.
    hoi
    "write me" is a shortened form of "write to me".

You see the Americans are a brisk and business like people, they dont have time for the flowery polite wording we use over here.
    Hey there
    :wave:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    :wave: hello :)
    Originally posted by bongbudda

You see the Americans are a brisk and business like people, they dont have time for the flowery polite wording we use over here.

Please don't attempt to characterise all Americans. We are not all the same. :thumb:
    Originally posted by noog
    hoi

Lmao. <3

ETA: Hello.
    What's a GED?
    the good enough diploma... or general education diploma. if you drop out of highschool you can go and test and get that. though both my parents work for the school district and i amositive that you haveo be 18+ to take it... or older than the age you would have been when you were scheduled to graduate. unless the laws are different in different states.

http://www.moultrietech.org/Instruction/GED.htm
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    What's a GED?

GED stands for General Educational Development. basically it means that i was smart enough to get out of high school 2 years early. you just gotta take a few tests and you're done. for anyone who thinks only losers get thier GED's should go to hell and realize that by the time they are out of high school (if they are the same age as i am) i'll have already gone to 2 years of college. oh, and on the subject of my signature, *write me bitch* is just a joke between me and a couple of my friends. if you all can't deal with it i'll change it to *please write to me, i beg of you.* would that be better? and no, it's not an amaricanism or whatever that kid called it. it's just something I say, not all americans go around saying *write me bitch!* lol, although that would be pretty funny
    Isn't the GED souly for people who have dropped out of highschool? Or I guess more nicely put people who are not enrolled in highschool and have not graduated. If you are 16 or 17 you need a letter of withdrawl showing that you are no longer in enrolled and that gives permission to take the GED classes. Why, instead of taking a GED, wouldn't you do a post secondary program where you can take your last two years of highschool off and take your classes at college gaining credit and possibly an associates degree? It seems much more logical.
    during the last semester of school i took 3 classes a day. two regular classes and one GED prep class. i got my GED because i wasn't sure what i wanted to do with my life but i did know what i didn't want to do. and that was to go to high school for 2 more years. in this state you can take the tests at any age (over 16). i don't know what it is in other states though. why would i even want my high school degree? it doesn't make any difference and now i have the freedom to do (pretty much) whatever i want to.
    Thats pretty neat. I never realized people could do that. Not to shabby of a deal I'd say. So you thinking of some type of college soon or just hanging for a bit?
    i plan on going to a few classes at a community college in the fall while working part time. hopefully saving a little $ (although probably not too much cause of rent/food/etc.), eventually i would like to travel.... i probably would have done the same exact thing if i had finished high school but now i just have a two year head start ;)
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    Please don't attempt to characterise all Americans. We are not all the same. :thumb:

I was joking, I'm actually married to an American.