Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Smiths

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone else like them?

I've got Hatful of Hollow, The Queen is Dead and Meat is Murder just wondering if there are any other Smiths fans here if they could reccommend any of their other albums?

Or any of Morrissey's solo stuff (got the latest one)

Thanking you all kindly
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    How soon is now, is probably one of my favourite songs of all time. The guitars at the start, the lyrics, just forms an almost perfect song.

Bigmouth Strikes Again is one of my favourites as well, love the joan of arc parts.

i also like Panic, Ask, This Charming Man, Hansome Devil.
  • Options
    Yep - I love 'this charming man' I think its gotta be a near perfect pop song - so catchy and upbeat but with quite melencholy lyrics.

bee-you-tifull!
  • Options
    I admire anyone who can listen to The Smiths. I just don't have the patience for them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I admire anyone who can listen to The Smiths. I just don't have the patience for them.

Not to worry . . . I'll just bask in your admiration ;)
  • Options
    I might be alone with this opinion. I like some of the music of The Smiths...I've grown up with it, since my parents are both huge fans. However, I've been completely put off by growing more familiar with the hideous ego that parades itself under the name of Morrissey.

I know it's supposed to be a subversive, ironic attitude...and he's an icon to so many people. But I find him detestable. And I can't see past it to find any enjoyment in his music (if I would indeed find any!) Sadly "English Blood, Irish Heart" (or whatever it was called) was inflicted on me when it was released, and I suppose I did have a good laugh at it. So I've got that to thank him for.

Anyway, just my opinion...and it's not as if he needs me in his fanbase, eh!? :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    i love the smiths - between cd and vinyl i have all their albums and 3 of morrisseys solo albums
    think the new one is class, a definate step up

everyone says that morrisseys stuff isnt as good as the smiths - i think its just different, like it would get boring if he just kept writing stuff like he used to, not that that wasn't amazing
  • Options
    Any guy who shoves a branch up his crack and walks around with it dangling out is an oddball in my book. I like oddballs :yes: