Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Spiderman 2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So anyone seen it?

Any good?

I didn't reallythink much of the 1st movie, partly cos I knew the sotry line from watching the cartoon as a kid.

And also thought they overdid the computer animation inthe 1st, looked too fake to me. So any thought on spiderman 2?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Don't plan to go out of my way to see the second one coz I did with the first one and was quite disappointed with it.

There was no depth in the film, no twists. Felt like it went by soo quickly and felt nothing coming out of the cinema but disappointment. Ah well that's my views.
  • Options
    oh i liked it and the ending was about as unexpected as possible, as noone ever ends thier films like that
  • Options
    i really liked it actually.

it was fun, easy to watch, and i really got into it. yeah, you knew what was gonna happen, but you were still glad when it happened.

wasn't right impressed with MJ's hair though - what was the deal there?
  • Options
    I thought that the first film was quite enjoyable, I haven't seen the second yet, but I intend to.
  • Options
    Just been to see it today and i thought it was great

it's fair to say you know whats going to happen but like the first i thought it was very well done, both the scenes with Spiderman and Peter Parker so it all well rounded and Doc Oc was great :D
  • Options
    enjoyed it for what it was-so yeh if you liked the first go see but if you didnt don't go. So diamond geezer I'd say wait for it to get on dvd and rent it or even wait til tv!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    So diamond geezer I'd say wait for it to get on dvd and rent it or even wait til tv!

Or grab yaself a pirate copy on DVD and see how good it is from the comfort of your own home ;)

I loved the first one it kept my interest from start to finish even if there was silly parts here and there.

Been hearing great things about the sequel and the trailers look stunning so lookin forward to seeing it.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed it but I'm a huge Spiderman fan. The E-train scene is worth it alone.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I had a topic about this a couple of weeks ago...
    I liked it better than the first one, I must say. But it was more of a Peter Parker movie than Spiderman, don't you think? Also I think it was a bit cheesy how many people saw him without the mask and know who he is...
  • Options
    I think that the first one was 100 x better than the second one, and i felt the second one dragged a bit too much, with not enough action and too much concentration on the plot. I also felt the film was majorly lacking in substories.
  • Options
    Went to see Spiderman 2 couple of nights ago, havent seen the first one, but i enjoyed this one...
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    I thought that the first film was quite enjoyable, I haven't seen the second yet, but I intend to.

Not bad really... but why did nobody think of shooting Dr Octopus in the head?
  • Options
    Just came back from the cinema went to see it with my cousins at 11pm - there was even a showing at midnight!!!

This movie was just soooo much better then the first one.

In part cos I didn't already know the storyline

Also more use of real humans in the special effects rather then just totally done on a computer

So did anyone spot a future villian in the movie? i.e. the guy with a missing arm?
  • Options
    i loved it more than the first
  • Options
    I was kinda disappointed they didn't follow through with having our reptilian friend in this movie as well as Doc Ock
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    why did nobody think of shooting Dr Octopus in the head?
    I thought something similar... Spiderman could have knocked him out, but the robotic arms would still move and protect him until he woke up. It would be an interesting "power" of the enemy.
    As for who the villain will be next, there seem to be many candidates... The Lizard, Harry as the Green Goblin (perhaps even the Hobgoblin?) and I heard somewhere that they're thinking of Venom... There was a short mention of Eddie Brock in the first movie.
  • Options
    the film was great the best film of year by far

speaking of villians i think it will be the Lizard and the Green Goblin (Harry Osmond) double teaming on Spiderman in the next one
  • Options
    I loved it. The rumour I heard was that the villians in the third one were going to be Venom and Carnage. And there was a tiny bit of ground work layed for it (might just have been my wishful thinking mind). Although there were huge hints that the Lizard will be in the next one.

I'll be slightly disappointed if they bring back the Green Goblin. Purely because there are other super villians I'd like to see.
  • Options
    I thought it was alright. Enjoyed watching it but that's about it.

Agree with kaffrin about MJ's hair - someone in hair and make up must be holding a grudge :lol:

My only other comment will be something vapid, but oh-so true. James Franco (Harry) is divine :heart::yum: I want to have ten million of his babies.
  • Options
    Venom and carnage - that's just too much to get into the next film. My money is that they use the Spiderman animated series route of having J Johna's son bring back the symbiote by mistake in a mission in the next film. Spidey will then end the film on a highnote in the black costume ready to introduce Venom in the fourth film.

As to the villains for 3 I'd be very surprised if it isn't the Lizard, followed by Harry as the Hobgoblin.
  • Options
    Originally posted by marv

please tell me you're joking, yea i thought the film had good effects and was enjoyable to watch but the acting was terrible and some lines were very cheesy, still, i liked it.
  • Options
    To be fair carnage made it to the animated series so it's not like they couldn't make him family film friendly - and Spiderman was hardly From Hell or The Filth when Carnage first appeared.

Not that everyone would be happy, but I could see how they could do it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by marv

:eek: Clearly you haven't seen many films this year...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    Venom and carnage - that's just too much to get into the next film. My money is that they use the Spiderman animated series route of having J Johna's son bring back the symbiote by mistake in a mission in the next film. Spidey will then end the film on a highnote in the black costume ready to introduce Venom in the fourth film.
    Agreed. Both of them couldn't happen, but Venom could be, if they bring the symbiote like that (the appearance of John Jameson in 2 might not be irrelvenant). After all, in the first movie the Green Goblin didn't really appear until halfway through the film, and they managed to have enough action with him.

As to the villains for 3 I'd be very surprised if it isn't the Lizard, followed by Harry as the Hobgoblin.
    Harry as the Hobgoblin?? No way they could do that! The great thing about him was that it took so long to discover who he really is after thinking other people were him, and if they can't do that in a movie then they better forget about him.
    If it was a typo and you meant the Green Goblin the 2nd, then sorry.
  • Options
    I saw it on pirate and I wasn't impressed.

I think it may well be one of those films that you need to see in it's full glory in the cinema to get the full impact.

Still...not impressed with it at all
  • Options
    I am a big comic book fan and spiderman is my favourite comic book hero so i am a bit biased when i say it is the best film of the year.

I am chuffed Sam Rami is keeping to spideys roots and staying faithful with the comics
  • Options
    I've just heard hobgoblin because of all the complaints about the design of the green goblin - so it might be a very different Hob from the comics, just used to give a totally different appearance from the green goblin.
  • Options
    it didnt greatly amuse me really. i got bored + fidgety through it. whoever said its great that its stil faithful to the comic books was right though. i figured there was too mucho voilence,although there was a need for the violence,i didnt like it. also,is it just me or is Kirsten Dunst so not pretty enough to be MJ?!
  • Options
    I thought it was naff. Loved the effects (especially that final scene and when they first charged up... the power thingy) but the script was awful.

And I don't see how Spiderman 3 could possibly work when half of New York (perhaps an exaggeration) know what he looks like.