Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

uninstall problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I installed the sims on my computer weeks ago now, i then added the unleashed addition thing, only problem is the cd driver broke and blew up the cd, so i dont have it anymore. Bought a new cd driver yesterday (it works fine), and went to play on the game. I added another package thing to it (hot date lol), but it was still telling me i needed to unleashed to play it, so i thought uninstall it, yep? and re install the sims and hot date without unleashed, but noo my computer wont let me, it says that the uninstall file for the sims cant be found so it wont let me uninstall everything, therefore when i reinstall the sims its still telling me i need the unleased cd :confused:
If that made any sense to anyone, could you try and tell me what to do please? Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    start > settings > control panel > add remove programs. There you should be able to uninstall the sims unleashed (just the add on). If that doesn't work, there are programs. Anyway, I had a looky here which refered to a file here which removes the registry entries.

But you will need to delete the files manually off your HDD. To do this they most likely are in a directory along the lines of c:/program files/maxis/the sims/unleashed or something like that, you'll need to work out which folder is the unleashed one. Once you have deleted that, use the eraser. Reading through it mind you it sounds like it deletes all your registry entries, so you may need to uninstall ALL of the sims first. Hmmm :chin:, you can save your savegames (im not sure what directory they're under, it should be simple though) somewhere else whilst you do this.

Sometimes programs can just be a pain in the arse :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Sometimes programs can just be a pain in the arse :)

A very big one at that :| Thanks btw, i'll try and sort it tomorrow :)