Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

U.S patent number 6,754,472.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the above patent belongs to microsoft and was awarded last week.
microsoft now has exclusive rights to the ability of the human body to transmit digital information.
the patent is for ..."method and apparatus for transmitting power and data across and through the human body."

freaky or what!
where are we heading?

Comments

• Options
    scary shit
  • Options
    And amazing that a business can own that right.

Humans - what are we like . . . we'd sell the right to reproduce if those of us who do it the most weren't the poorest
  • Options
    You know, if Nikola Tesla had got the proper funding we might already have the wireless transmission of electricity.
  • Options
    apparently microsoft have worked out that all the electrical impulses and all the liquids flowing through us can transmit power and data very very fast.
    our billions of tiny vessels and capillaries are capable of transmitting stuff at super high speeds.
    so instead of having to access your coleagues computer for info you will be able to shove your finger up his nose and retrieve whatever you want and take it home with you ...IN you ...
    trouble with my super fast brain connections is that i forget things ...then a week later the message finaly reaches my brain ...ring george.
    i think he's on a loser with me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Fuck! No wonder they make me insane! Surely they can't claim rights over a natural function of the human body? I thought this was against patent law as the body was not designed by Bill Gates and therefore nor was the bodies ability to transmit "power" and data. What are they actualy planning to do?

Some genes in the human body have been patented, saying that only the company that first discovered them is allowed to research into them. Which is a bit stupid really since it means medical science is being held up.

But you know, whatever means the fat cats get even more money...
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

But you know, whatever means the fat cats get even more money...
    not the money that concerns me ...microsoft ...the worlds biggest company being able send and recieve data through the worlds population ...having first convinced us all that this is the next thing we must all have ...for our benefit of course ...thats what scares me.
    bill gates ...gates of hell!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Scary... Worst scenario, MS abducts people to use as conducts in their computers. Best one, if under-the-skin computers become the norm (I hope it never happens, but it probably will) everyone will have an MS known part.
  • Options
    They dangle terrorists abroad in front of us and sneak this kind of thing in while our heads are turned.

Then again are we any better? We let it all happen. . .
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jon_UK

Then again are we any better? We let it all happen. . .
    i don't think 'we' have much say.
    instead of going to the doctors we will be going to computer world ...'scuse me mate i seem to have a slipped disc drive and my hard drives gone all floppy.'
    'my spinal column doesn't seem to be working propper like ...it keeps crashing.'
    'any chance of updating my central nervous system ...oh right you can download me an update now ...how fucking much !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i don't think 'we' have much say.
    instead of going to the doctors we will be going to computer world ...'scuse me mate i seem to have a slipped disc drive and my hard drives gone all floppy.'
    'my spinal column doesn't seem to be working propper like ...it keeps crashing.'
    'any chance of updating my central nervous system ...oh right you can download me an update now ...how fucking much !!!!!!!!

Yeah we could - we just don't. Eventually something will be done . . . more and more people like Michael Moore will keep putting a message accross until we do something.

Lets just hope microsoft doesn't design a learn-to-drive programme a-la the matrix . . .

(wait for it)

we'll be crashing all the time

BA DUM CHHHHH!

oh come on you knew it was coming
  • Options
    Yeah we could - we just don't. Eventually something will be done . . . more and more people like Michael Moore will keep putting a message accross until we do something.

well no one has shot george bush yet.
    the bigger message that will be put across is thats it all good for us ...we'll all WANT it.
    ...and yes i knew it was coming i've done similar threads in the past but ...it was mostly theory ...now it's pantented!
    head for the hills those of you who don't want to become cybernetics ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    head for the hills those of you who don't want to become cybernetics ...

?

I'm suprised at you Roll - is that the message to be spreading?

Fight the bastards - its our world and future as much as theirs - fight them on the fucking beaches I say.
  • Options
    ?

I'm suprised at you Roll - is that the message to be spreading?

Fight the bastards - its our world and future as much as theirs - fight them on the fucking beaches I say.
    and they'll tag you with an ...ELECTRONIC TAG! they'll know when your wiping your arse.
    i can see fresh job opportunities ...instead of the unions fighting for miners to have a tea break ...and steel workers being alowed to wipe the sweat from their brow ...those who have to stand on hill tops and tall buildings as fucking telephone masts will be able to lean against a tree or wall ...
  • Options
    He's right
  • Options
    So in the future everyone will randomly stop and wont be able to start agin until they buy MS Hypothalamus3.1 or something, which will then be incompatible with the persons' brain, so they still wont be able to move.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    He's right
    scary innit! notice the bit about audio ...you'll be able to download a tune direct to your brain and all the way down to your tapping foot ...hold hands with the person next to you and their foot will start tapping to the rydm man!
  • Options
    since it's a US patent couldn't we be technical and say since we are in the UK we are not bound? No doubt Bush will be chomping on Blair's knackers to get us to conform but say in afghanistan someone was using something that had been patented in America, there's really no chance they're going to get the money back is there?
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I'll have to read the full patent when I have some spare time, what the hell is the point of this invention? Hopefully they don't actualy plan to take over our minds! lol
    to make billions upon billions of quids ...all over again.
    the scary bit is that as this stuff becomes reality ...it actualy gives man a way of becoming god like in his control and manipulation over the masses in a new way. bill gates as god ...or george bush ...
    total governmental control over every individual will become a reality sooner or later.
    by the time you lot are my age i think the world and the humans on it are going to be very different from what we can imagine at the moment.
    when i'm dead and buried you lot won't even be discussing democracy ...it will have been wiped from your memories and from the digital historical records.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Maybe it's wise somebody applies for a patent on such technology before it is tested, to prevent it falling into the wrong hands. That stuff is years away surely?
    you can't patent an idea as far as i know so i pressume microsoft have done years of research and know what they are doing.
    who's hands are the wrong hands by the way? anyway once it's loose there will be all kinds of spin offs and rip offs etc. seems to me it's getting more difficult by the day to 'control' anything.