Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

cake

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
really silly question,but does anyone know if its possible to make lactose free cakes?

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not much point in baking the damn thing then :/
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it'd taste ok. just use a veggie oil based spread instead of butter.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep, you can get soya based margarines, and that's the only thing you need to worry about.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Not much point in baking the damn thing then :/

    i know :( but its my boyfriends birthday coming up + i want to make it really special for him (and also prove that my cooking wont kill him)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    i know :( but its my boyfriends birthday coming up + i want to make it really special for him (and also prove that my cooking wont kill him)

    ahh sweet thought:) hope it goes well:)

    hope these helps
    Here
    maybe this
    or this
    This one
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thank u :) i'll let u know how my test run goes! presuming i dont burn down the house that is:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    thank u :) i'll let u know how my test run goes! presuming i dont burn down the house that is:rolleyes:

    Ok.. :hyper: can i have cake please:)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by rachie004
    make it with lactose and then you'll prove him right... :p



    sorry

    evil Rachie.. but funny:)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    hope these helps
    Here
    maybe this
    or this
    This one

    omg,just realised u left me linkys to cakes! :D thank u so much,thats so nice of u! of course u can have some cake,i'll send u a whole one in the post ;)

    and rachie,i was planning on killing him with the arsenic in his coffee :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    omg,just realised u left me linkys to cakes! :D thank u so much,thats so nice of u! of course u can have some cake,i'll send u a whole one in the post ;)

    and rachie,i was planning on killing him with the arsenic in his coffee :p

    No problem... only took couple seconds..
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hell yea you can. My mum make the nicest cakes and they are, dairy free, wheat free and gluten free. And trust me they are YUM!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    i know :( but its my boyfriends birthday coming up + i want to make it really special for him (and also prove that my cooking wont kill him)

    Sorry :( I didn't mean it to come out that way. I'm just a firm believer in sugar and stuff that's bad for you in cakes :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Sorry :( I didn't mean it to come out that way. I'm just a firm believer in sugar and stuff that's bad for you in cakes :(

    lol,dont be sorry sweety :) everyone's entitled to an opinion (so long as it mine :p) personally,i agree wit u,a cake needs sugar + bad stuff in it. but i lurve my boyfriend mucho mucho lots + i want to make his day special. and as he cant eat normal cakes,i'm making him a cake he CAN eat! :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    lol,dont be sorry sweety :) everyone's entitled to an opinion (so long as it mine :p) personally,i agree wit u,a cake needs sugar + bad stuff in it. but i lurve my boyfriend mucho mucho lots + i want to make his day special. and as he cant eat normal cakes,i'm making him a cake he CAN eat! :)

    Why doesn't anyone do things like that for me:(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Why doesn't anyone do things like that for me:(

    ...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Why doesn't anyone do things like that for me:(

    cuz no-one loves u graeme :p






    nah,i'm joking.thats mean of me,soz! :angel:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    cuz no-one loves u graeme :p






    nah,i'm joking.thats mean of me,soz! :angel:

    fine... no more recipies for you :crying:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    lactose intolerant doesnt mean you cant eat eggs. all the cakes i make are lactose free. and they taste fine :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    lactose intolerant doesnt mean you cant eat eggs.


    really? i dont know what u get lactose in apart from cream + milk.just put my cake in,it'll be done in 10 minutes :confused: bit worried,it said to use vinegar,is that normal,does anyone know? graeme,im sorry for being mean! i promise,ur cakes on its way :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    really? i dont know what u get lactose in apart from cream + milk.just put my cake in,it'll be done in 10 minutes :confused: bit worried,it said to use vinegar,is that normal,does anyone know? graeme,im sorry for being mean! i promise,ur cakes on its way :)

    It better be:p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    really? i dont know what u get lactose in apart from cream + milk.just put my cake in,it'll be done in 10 minutes :confused: bit worried,it said to use vinegar,is that normal,does anyone know? graeme,im sorry for being mean! i promise,ur cakes on its way :)

    yes. my boyfriend is quite lactose intolerant but can eat eggs. lactose is what is in milk :)

    edited to add:

    but yes, you can make cakes without any dairy and gluten and wheat as zella said earlier. they are quite yummy and just as easy to make :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my cakes a disaster :( vinegar worked out ok though,lol. it collapsed as i took it out the tin + its all burnt on top. but it tastes great if u dont consider how it looks,lol.
Sign In or Register to comment.