Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Internet Banking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is you opinion of this way of banking? Because I have been considering it but I want to know what other people think of it before I sign up.

Comments

• Options
    Make sure you have a back up in case the internet plays up, which is all too common an occurence in my experience.
  • Options
    What do you mean by a back up?
  • Options
    its great :thumb:
  • Options
    so convenient and easy its unreal
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    What do you mean by a back up?

Like, an account that you can get access to without going on the internet. My dad does internet banking but when out internet went down we had to live off our current account for about a month (and there was barely £1,000 in it). After this he managed to transfer over some savings but it would have been nice if during that period we'd have been able to fiddle some money out of our savings anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Like, an account that you can get access to without going on the internet. My dad does internet banking but when out internet went down we had to live off our current account for about a month (and there was barely £1,000 in it). After this he managed to transfer over some savings but it would have been nice if during that period we'd have been able to fiddle some money out of our savings anyway.

I don't get that. Even if the net goes down there's still cash machines and stuff. :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    I don't get that. Even if the net goes down there's still cash machines and stuff. :confused:

Yea but my dad split his money into a savings (with more interest) and a current account. He couldn't get money out of the savings account unless he went online, or went to see the bank manager I guess (which is a load of hassle round here, I've been wanting to see one for months but cba).
  • Options
    Re: Internet Banking
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    What is you opinion of this way of banking? Because I have been considering it but I want to know what other people think of it before I sign up.

Nightmare remembering all those passwords.

I also take screenshots of any transactions to prove what I did just in case.
  • Options
    :heart: it.
  • Options
    It's good. I had it but I fucked up my password and stuff. They sent me new numbers but I lost them.

It's good for paying bills and transferring money etc etc.