Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Buzz wreckers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
this is just a wee rant but has anyone ever taken E's, went to a niteclub, in a clah mood, going mad then someone gives you an awful look for having big eyes and a revolving jaw, doesn't it just wreck your night out.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't go as far to say that it ruins my night, it may make me go on a little paranoia trip for a few minutes but I'm a state when I'm buzzing so you can guarentee within 5 minutes I'll have forgotten about it and be back on the dancefloor giving it some. :p

It goes without saying you're always going to get people who frown on drugs and drug users, but then again it's their choice. No point letting it get to you, if you're at the stage where eating your face seems like a good idea, you've gotta expect reactions like that. Especially at clubs not playing strictly 'rave' music.

Fuck 'em. ;)
  • Options
    Just go to places where the have a good crowd.

Last time I went out was to Elation, there was some heavy drinking going on at the start, people knocking back shit loads of Red Stripe. I thought there was going to be some heavy people there too, but they were all really really nice.

It got my adrenaline going nicely though.
  • Options
    Talking on this topic, I was thinking today that I might try and load up on mushies and go to Yates or Weatherspanks, properly fraternise with Them. See Them up close for what they really are.

Might be interesting.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Talking on this topic, I was thinking today that I might try and load up on mushies and go to Yates or Weatherspanks, properly fraternise with Them. See Them up close for what they really are.

Might be interesting.

Sounds like it could get quite messy. Can I watch? :razz:
  • Options
    Its just an idea at the moment, I have no idea when I'd get the time, I'm busy.

But, its a thought, if I get the chance I will, just to push it, its always good to see how far you can take something before your mind just folds in on itself.

(this is not for the faint of heart and I in no way recomend it to anyone what so ever, in anyway, ever. Play safe children)
  • Options
    station guards blow my buzz every time. transport police also have this effect.

to those who are familiar with bletchley station up by the santuary heres a little poem i wrote a few years back now.

bletchley station 6am.

the times spent here are the lowest of our lives,
    the same station guards who don't get it from their wives.
    the toilets are locked and theres no drinks machiene in sight,
    no feelings for the thugs who've been dancing up all night.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheSovereign
    station guards blow my buzz every time. transport police also have this effect.

to those who are familiar with bletchley station up by the santuary heres a little poem i wrote a few years back now.

bletchley station 6am.

the times spent here are the lowest of our lives,
    the same station guards who don't get it from their wives.
    the toilets are locked and theres no drinks machiene in sight,
    no feelings for the thugs who've been dancing up all night.

I can relate to that all too well, brings a tear to my eye. :p

Normally by that point though I'm coming down or have come down, unless it's been one of those mad nights and decided to drop again at something stupid like 5am. :crazyeyes

Last Saturday at that station, the evil bitch behind the counter was moving so fucking slowly (and on purpose I think) and then when people were moaning she was like: "Well, if you hadn't been up at a rave (cue sinister voice) all night maybe you wouldn't all be moaning. :yeees:" They must get kicks out of it.

I still can't believe we're never gonna be able to experience that station at 6.15am ever again. :(
  • Options
    no but theres the possibility of experiencing another one, heres another chance for you to dance for me

Hardcore Heaven vs Frantic

Now this is truly unique….

For the first time ever the UK’s 2 premier promoters of Hard underground music join forces to create what will surely be one of the most talked-about events of the year:

HARDCORE HEAVEN Vs FRANTIC!

40 ARTISTS
    5 MUSIC STYLES
    4 ARENAS
    3 IS THE MAGIC NUMBER
    2 SETS OF DIEHARD CLUBBERS
    1 UNITED UNDERGROUND DANCE COMMUNITY

Hardcore Heaven, fresh from their farewell event at the Milton Keynes Sanctuary, venture down the M1 into the Capital for only the 2nd time ever. Waiting for them in the lion’s den are Frantic, London’s unstoppable hard dance machine, responsible for blasting a trail through the capital’s dancefloors since 1997.

When 2 worlds collide….SeOne’s main arena will see the elite soldiers of the hard music revolution do battle. Frantic’s finest will meet Hardcore Heaven’s hardest for 10 hours of fast and furious beats and dark n’ dirty synths. If the battle in this room gets too much for you, Arenas 2 & 3 will be solely dedicated their respective music styles, Frantic in 2, Hardcore Heaven in 3, whilst the outer reaches of arena 4 will play host to the less frenetic sounds of funky house and old skool.

This is simply unmissable if you’re into the harder sounds of dance music, and with tickets on sale soon from only £12.50….well, what can we say?

Let battle commence….

**a few too many numbers here - I'm sure people can find their ticket outlet easy enough!**
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    I've heard rumors that some of the event that were previousky held at the sanctuary are going to move to the Bristol area eg. places such as Shepton Mallet.

Anyone else heard anything similar? South West raving has always been some of the best there is.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Slammin is going to Shepton Mallet. The next Uproar is at Leciester but I don't know whats happening after that. Air in Birmingham is been used by HTID.

There are rumors of a new massive venue in Milton Keynes but nothing has been annouced yet.

Shepton Mallet is a long way for me to travel so Birmingham and Milton Keynes are best with them both been so central.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *raver*
    Slammin is going to Shepton Mallet. The next Uproar is at Leciester but I don't know whats happening after that. Air in Birmingham is been used by HTID.

There are rumors of a new massive venue in Milton Keynes but nothing has been annouced yet.

Shepton Mallet is a long way for me to travel so Birmingham and Milton Keynes are best with them both been so central.

The new venue in Milton Keynes has been announced, the first event is sometime in November (the 9th I think). Sounds pretty good, there's gonna be Slammin', Hardcore Heaven, Polysexual etc all there. There's details about it on www.ush.net. Personally, if the venue's any good I hope this will be the new home of Slammin' and the likes seen as it's just down the motorway for me. :)

And Martin: Looks more than likely I'll be at HH vs. Frantic, you going then? Gotta support the hardcore, put the cyber-candy ravers in their place.. :razz:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by *raver*
    Slammin is going to Shepton Mallet.

That would be fucking excellent - much better than the Sanctuary. I remember the old Dreamscape's there - bloody brilliant.

And it's not far from me. :D
    Weekender Offender