Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Golf traffic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I have nothing against golfers, in fact I'm very glad that they are in Troon at the minute bringing money to my local economy.

However, the traffic management implemented to control the big queues of cars expected is a joke. At the Dutch House roundabout (which you may have heard of if you listened to the radio 2 traffic news this morning) they have got a temporary 30mph limit a mile either side of the roundabout for approaching traffic. Frankly this is pointless. If there is a queue you can't do 30 anyway. If there isn't a queue, why should I be restricted to 30 on a major dual carriageway? :mad:

So if you're coming to see the golf, come by helicopter or yacht or if you aren't Robbie Williams or Sean Connery use the train. Anything but the car!

Anyway, good luck to all the British players. :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on